The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-19-2016, 12:54 AM   #276
62stepside longbox

Re: 1963 GMC C30 panel truck

Nice work Anthony, good to see you making more progress. Unfortunately I've been working over 40 hrs a week for the past while and haven't gotten much done but I was able to call your mom and we made plans for her to get the gmc emblems in the first couple days of September as I am going away on a fishing trip this Saturday and won't be back until the 30th. I'll talk to you sometime again in the next while, keep up the good work
my build thread. Sending unit solution
62stepside longbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 11:06 AM   #277
AJCK87

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62stepside longbox View Post
Nice work Anthony, good to see you making more progress. Unfortunately I've been working over 40 hrs a week for the past while and haven't gotten much done but I was able to call your mom and we made plans for her to get the gmc emblems in the first couple days of September as I am going away on a fishing trip this Saturday and won't be back until the 30th. I'll talk to you sometime again in the next while, keep up the good work
Thanks Nik! I'm getting time in where I can, work has gotten crazy with the Province heating up, and I have been working on the mother in laws place getting it ready for the wedding. Thanks for getting in touch with her! Can't wait to put those decals on

Came down island for the weekend. Not to much time for the truck this trip. Jake and I hammered out the wiring for the tail lights and licence plate last night. I'm really digging the LEDs, I'm glad I went with them.
Attached Images

AJCK87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 11:11 AM   #278
AJCK87

Realized I had' that got any good rear stance pics up yet since I got the rear end in! Would have liked to pull it all the way out of the shop, but there is a tonne of junk in the drive way hahaha. Man this thing is really heavy now, I can hardly move it around in neutral on the shop floor
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2016, 11:14 AM   #279
AJCK87

She's got some height to her now!
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2016, 11:16 AM   #280
AJCK87

Really liking the stance! I'm thinking I might need some bigger tires in the future, but the wifey already thinks it's sitting a little high hahaha
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2016, 11:19 AM   #281
AJCK87

I got the exhaust all welded in last trip. Need to install a few more hangers though. Managed to patch up and rework the pipes out of the Dodge. Looking to put on a nice tip, the pipes were a bit crusty
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2016, 03:59 PM   #282
62stepside longbox

Those Taillights looks awesome Anthony! Makes me really excited to get my LED lights installed, stance looks great and so does the exhaust, keep up the good work
Old 09-06-2016, 12:50 AM   #283
AJCK87

Quote:
Those Taillights looks awesome Anthony! Makes me really excited to get my LED lights installed, stance looks great and so does the exhaust, keep up the good work
Thanks Nik, I like em too! Want to see how yours are looking on the step side.

Little bit of progress. It has been slow due to the up and coming wedding. I got the drivers side door bottom all fabed up. Have to install the rest of the seals aroun the window and handles then it's going on the truck. The truck won't be running for the big day but I want to at least get it all together and in the yard. Going to giver her a bath and a wax hahaha. The plan is to get the bed wood in so me and the misses to be can spend the night in the back.

Old 09-06-2016, 08:43 PM   #284
62stepside longbox

Nice work, I thought I'd give you some panel truck inspiration, this pic was taken a few weeks ago at a grand forks car show, 61 swb with original v8.
Attached Images

Old 09-06-2016, 08:44 PM   #285
62stepside longbox

Another
Attached Images

Old 09-06-2016, 08:46 PM   #286
62stepside longbox

And another
Attached Images

Old 09-08-2016, 10:40 PM   #287
AJCK87

Quote:
Nice work, I thought I'd give you some panel truck inspiration, this pic was taken a few weeks ago at a grand forks car show, 61 swb with original v8.
Beauty! Soo nice. I just love the 60-63 Panels, suburbans and pickups! Thanks for the pics, nice addition to the thread! And my ma got to the island today and brought the GMC emblems, they are awesome and will be perfect for the panel. Thanks Nik you rock man!

Pulled the panel out of the shop today and gave her a bath. I got the drivers side door installed as well as the rest of the sheet metal and bed wood. Here she is! Man I can't wait to take her for a rip! O well, in time. I want it to be buttoned up and done right hahaha

Old 09-08-2016, 10:53 PM   #288
62stepside longbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJCK87 View Post
Beauty! Soo nice. I just love the 60-63 Panels, suburbans and pickups! Thanks for the pics, nice addition to the thread! And my ma got to the island today and brought the GMC emblems, they are awesome and will be perfect for the panel. Thanks Nik you rock man!
Yep no problem Anthony, they were cool wall hangers but I'd much rather see someone like you put them to use on their truck! And yeah I definitely agree that 60-63 are the best!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJCK87 View Post
Pulled the panel out of the shop today and gave her a bath. I got the drivers side door installed as well as the rest of the sheet metal and bed wood. Here she is! Man I can't wait to take her for a rip! O well, in time. I want it to be buttoned up and done right hahaha
Awesome! Must feel really good to see it all together as a whole truck Instead of just a pile of parts, she'll be on the road soon, can't wait until mine is at that point
Old 09-08-2016, 10:55 PM   #289
chevyfreek

Man this sure is one sexy truck I love the 5.9 swap. Keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing more!
15 Tacoma "Taco"

Check out my Intsagram https://www.instagram.com/patpetrey/
chevyfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 05:38 PM   #290
AJCK87

Quote:
Yep no problem Anthony, they were cool wall hangers but I'd much rather see someone like you put them to use on their truck! And yeah I definitely agree that 60-63 are the best!

Awesome! Must feel really good to see it all together as a whole truck Instead of just a pile of parts, she'll be on the road soon, can't wait until mine is at that point
For sure! Keep picking away at it and it will come together

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyfreek View Post
Man this sure is one sexy truck I love the 5.9 swap. Keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing more!
Thanks Chevyfreek! It keeps on getting better, and more to come

Just got back to McNeill after the honeymoon so no progress as of late hahaha. Here is a little snap shot from the wedding. Hopefully get back to it soon. Thanks for tuning in

Old 09-19-2016, 06:02 PM   #291
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:35 PM   #292
Bomp

Congrats.
Bomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:05 PM   #293
62stepside longbox

Now that is how a wedding is supposed to look! With an old Chevy truck in the background!
Old 09-25-2016, 02:42 PM   #294
rusty76

Awesome ride. Congrates as well.
My build thread
Crossmembers CC
rusty76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 11:23 PM   #295
AJCK87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
It was an awesome day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
Congrats.
Thanks Bomp! Wish the old girl was rolling, would have been great to take out on the honey moon. The surf boards would have fit better hahaha

Quote:
Now that is how a wedding is supposed to look! With an old Chevy truck in the background!
Thanks Nik! Everyone was super excited about my project. Janel and I even spent the wedding night in the back. Super comfy with tones of space. It will be a perfect road tripping and camping rig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty76 View Post
Awesome ride. Congrates as well.
Thanks Rusty!

Not much progress for me lately as I'm all out of annual leave and the truck is a 5hr drive away. Just going to be tinkering on a few bits here and there. I'm looking for some shop space in McNeill, but will have to play it by ear. Hopefully back to it soon! Cheers guys thanks for the kind congrats
Old 10-19-2016, 01:14 AM   #296
AJCK87

Hey Guys,

Things have been pretty quiet in McNeill, just been working on a few part here and there. I did some rust repair work on a bunch of the bed wood tie downs and I ran into a few issues with the front turn signals I put together, so I scrapped what I had and started fresh. I got some new turn signal units, 6" by 5/8" with 6 White leds for the day time runners and 6 amber leds for the turn signal, should marry up to the wiring harness a bit better. I refit the housing as well, I shaved the back and welded up some 16 gauge for a flat mounting place, had a little creative licence with the back hahaha

Now I moved onto finishing the heater system refurb. I had a look at the ducting and all the old felt is blown out and the whole thing is pretty rusty. Here's where I'm at with the resto, I pulled the duct apart and I cut out some wool felt to seal up the vent valve. I got to weld the side piece back on and clean up the cables then onto the head portion.

I'm still on the look out for some shop space up here, hopefully something comes up. Other then that, I'm just going to keep at it
Cheers,

Last edited by AJCK87; 10-19-2016 at 01:23 AM.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:04 PM   #297
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

Congrats on the wedding and Congrats on the truck! Wedding is always that much better with a GMC or Chevy truck. haha
TJ's Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 06:16 PM   #298
AJCK87

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ's Chevy View Post
Congrats on the wedding and Congrats on the truck! Wedding is always that much better with a GMC or Chevy truck. haha
Thanks TJ! It was a pretty awesome day, and it was really cool to have all the family together. Got a lot of positive comments on the truck! Really digging both your builds, great work man!

More progress!

I finished the tear down of the heater ducting, I cleaned up all the pieces and laid down some POR15 and put in all new seals. Ready to install in the truck!

I was looking at the heater motor resistor, and it's a bit bent up and corroded. Does anyone know if this is something that will affect how this system performs? Going to have to do some more research!

Out of parts up here for now, going down in a few weeks. More to come.

Thanks for tuning in
Old 11-24-2016, 11:49 AM   #299
AJCK87

Hey Guys,

Things have been slow on my end. I have been house hunting, trying to find something with some garage space. Things are looking good, likely moving into a place for January 😊. When I get set up, I can really start getting stuff knocked out! For now, I have been cleaning up the wiring harness, I started with the in cab section. Labelling all the plugs and figuring on what I won't be needing. Looks way better!

It has been nuts here! I heard they are calling it an atmospheric river hahaha. All I know it hasn't stopped raining up here for the last month and a half. Here's a pic of an old logging rig I found while at work, not sure what it was, looked pretty old. This is the kind of thing the environment does to rigs up here, just means slim pickings for parts trucks hahaha

Thanks for tuning in, hopefully more to come soon
Old 11-24-2016, 12:07 PM   #300
62stepside longbox

Good luck with the house hunting tony, I'm sure you'll be getting a ton done on the panel once you don't have to drive multiple hours to go work on it! And the wiring looks good as well, I think I'm going to have to do the same with mine and clean it up since it would now stick out like a sore thumb against all the new paint