The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-10-2023, 04:03 AM   #1
inkfamous_13

Need help 1966 c20 custom cab fleetside longbed v8, a/c fauxtina 90 percent done

Hi everyone I've got this truck it's a 1966 c20 I bought it 5 yrs ago because a burb I wanted up north guy couldn't go lower on price and nothing else was for sale then, I should have listened to myself I only like inline six 292 and three on tree, went to see this it was a fully loaded truck new. The only thing that wasn't on it was power assist steering. It had 283 factory 4 seasons A/C pick pocket equipes,deluxe heat deluxe wipers have pic of spid. I got it to fix and sale and hopefully have better finance when I'd sell it for burb. The truck had a stupid aluminum roll up sun roof. I almost passed but he came down so I got it figured I'd replace roof and at that time swap in big window. Oh I do body and paint ,suspension fab work basically the only shop that touches my cars is tire and alignment. Anyway I was so mad he didn't mention sunroof in add and drove 2 hrs so I left then next t day he called and I went down and bought it. It had closed script valve covers 283 intake with 2 barrel with oil fill tube. Got it home went by pep boys on way home to get plugs wires cap points well plugs didn't fit not crush washer block. So looked up block it is a 1971 350 with corvette heads. So then I said not orig doing custom. So I've taken front clip off frame rebuilt all suspension cupped lca new cab mounts rad mount aluminum rad. Slam specialties bags has 4 switches 8 1/2 smc brass valves 1/2 line 2 viair pumps 2 tanks . Pops up quick can allmost 3 wheel if it had more weight in back i completly stripped complete truck had zero rust around roof so have pics 3m self leveling seam sealer drip rails after priming then painted.I looked for months found nos webasto electric spoiler sunroof w/interior slidingshade. Went thru few carbs ended up with eduranshine air gap dual quads intake and edel 500 cmf carbs new ho alt fuel pump water pump optima red top battery found 1980 NOS mallory unilite distributor made in Las Vegas not China. Runs great drive it daily round town. All suspension parts were old nos moog or nos Delco bedside had 3 in of bonds so looking online found orig patina baby blue bed and tailgate so since driving to Kingman AZ for sunroof went to Havasu for bed. Now fauxtina is the plan notched back of frame raised bed floor 4in new adjustable pan hard and trailing arm bushings shaped out steering column for tilt unit and I had bought a 72 c10 parted it all out but kept 5 lug disks crossmember and posi rear also kept steering box power steering auto trans mount and peddles. Anyway when moving 3 yrs ago someone decided they needed my 5 lug posi more than me. So since it has nice built posi 410 gears by Freeway figeroua blvd la I found a brand new set powder coated wheels with new coker bias ply wide white walls with new tubes never installed 8 lugs so bought them. I candy coated took with lil pattern and candy dash and bed wood. New felts new window rubbers . Just need windshield and rubber and rear window rubber I cut it back when painted so wouldn't have line later only thing else I was going to do was new outside door handles new lenses a d bezels f&b lights and ss chains and install power windows has 70s blazer buckets with console but have bench and also has nos grill and new bumper not china crap. I bought a 65 burb 2 yrs ago and have yet pick it up so I need to sell this and pay off something and get my burb home before I loose it. What you guys think it's worth. Oh also going with truck for free is complete back end bench for new owners house painted patina has quarter panels and tailgate and bumper mount to wall and add the used taillights and chains from truck and you'll have dopest bench for drinking beer. Also if I could get 15k I would paint it any color new owner wanted for 2k that's how much materials would be and I know it's been stripped body good no rust so I could knock it out in less than 2 months mabye1 ¹/² Mos but that's up to them am I way off asking 14500 I just lowered it too?
Attached Images

inkfamous_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 04:05 AM   #2
inkfamous_13

Re: Need help 1966 c20 custom cab fleetside longbed v8, a/c fauxtina 90 percent done

More pics
Attached Images

Old 10-10-2023, 04:07 AM   #3
inkfamous_13

Re: Need help 1966 c20 custom cab fleetside longbed v8, a/c fauxtina 90 percent done

Oh yeah factory spotlight
Attached Images

Old 10-10-2023, 04:13 AM   #4
inkfamous_13

New arm rests also have a gauge cluster with factory tach for v8 that my friends dad pulled from wrecked c10 back in 1970 with low miles on it. It's like new
Attached Images