The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2018, 01:29 PM   #1
dmjlambert

Starter brace for 350 SBC

OK, since there has never been a picture on the Internet or this forum of the starter brace installed on a 1969 Chevy truck (I have searched), I am trying to figure out how to fit it on my truck. Over on this thread we started talking about starter braces because I removed the outer bolt on my starter and rotated it away from my flex plate and AussieinNC reminded me I don't have a brace on the starter.

Here is what I ordered

Does it attach up here by the spark plug with the hole marked #1 in the picture? Attached to the starter to the bolt I marked #2? I was thinking that is hole on the engine for the heat shield (which I also have yet to install). Do both go on that one bolt hole? Is there another place? Here is a view from under the truck.
Name:  strtbrac.jpg
Views: 5753
Size:  72.4 KB

This is for my 1969 CST/10 with 350 engine, TH400 transmission, 168 tooth flex plate, stock starter with diagonal mounting holes.

Last edited by dmjlambert; 11-25-2018 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Added information about the truck
dmjlambert is online now   Reply With Quote