The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2020, 12:51 AM   #1
Sevens

Project '65 - The "build" thread

I decided that I need to start an actual "build" thread to document my truck and its progress.

This is going to be a long (slow) process. I have a LOT of work to do and not much time and money to throw at it.

It all started when I was 14 years old. I had a neighbor down the street that had a shop (in a sleepy little town in Alabama). He hired me to hand him wrenches and help out as much as I could while he restored 64-66 Chevy trucks. One of those trucks became mine. It was a '64 fleet-side long-bed. I owned it for about 6 months and then like a lot of teenagers...I got bored with waiting and sold it because money seemed more important than a truck that I wasn't old enough to drive. I regretted selling it and I have always wanted to replace it.

Fast-forward to 2013 when I first met my wife's uncle Joe. We went by his house out near Fallbrook California and sitting in his driveway at the "farm" was this truck:

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 762
Size:  71.3 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  58.6 KB

I told him that if he ever wanted to get rid of it...he should give me a call.

'65 GMC that identifies as a Chevrolet
Sevens is offline   Reply With Quote