The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-17-2020, 12:18 AM   #1
PDXk5

WIW: Blazer OEM Cargo Mat

I removed this from my ‘72 Blazer. I had it on floor in garage and drove over it causing the split. It is pretty pliable, and is in pretty good shape, short of the split. The mat just didn’t like me driving over it. Thinking of getting rid of it, thought I would offer it up to interested parties.
Any suggestions on what it’s worth with the split?
Attached Images

PDXk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 08:01 AM   #2
Thealien

Re: WIW: Blazer OEM Cargo Mat

I would like to get in line of you sell depending on price. I have had a WTB add for a while.

Thanks
Mark
Thealien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 09:21 PM   #3
72 Jimmy Power

I like to be 2nd in line if first party bows out. Thank you
72 Jimmy Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 01:06 AM   #4
SeventyOne

Doesnt look like a stock style "carpet leveling" mats. They were two pieces and nothing existed in the middle where the rear seat would be, as far as I know. May need more pics...
SeventyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 07:23 AM   #5
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Jeff - this is the flat rear rubber mat that sits atop the leveling mats correct? If so, this a very seldom seen piece and typically carpet is substituted. I don’t recall seeing one offered for sale. Leveling mats are more commonly seen and good versions of those fetch about $250 plus ship.

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 03:52 PM   #6
PDXk5

Yep, this is my original OEM cargo mat that is/was installed over the two leveling mats. These were installed in non-CST model rigs that didn’t come with carpet, like mine. They cover the entire bed of the cargo area (its wider than CST carpet to cover all the way to the bed). They are made of rubber with a texture similar to the front rubber mat installed For the driver and passenger seat area.

Here is a close up of the GM part number. They were held in place with the chrome ‘carpet’ hold down strip at the front, near the step to the cargo floor and at the chrome strip near the tailgate. Unfortunately, I was stupid when I drove over this and caused the tear/split up until then the wear was limited to the holes for mounting the seat and spare tire carrier.

This kept my leveling mats in near perfect condition since they were never exposed to sunlight or any wear since there was no direct contact.
Attached Images

Old 06-19-2020, 09:26 PM   #7
PDXk5

Here is hopefully a better pic of the part number.
Attached Images

Old 06-20-2020, 09:54 AM   #8
Thealien

Sorry I thought it was the leveling mat, I'm out.
Thealien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 12:40 PM   #9
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Both of my blazers being base models came with the rear rubber mat like this but they were in real bad shape. I have not gotten far enough to see if these are even available aftermarket. If they are not I would think it does have some decent value still left to it. Where is the split, in front or behind the bench? The hardest part would be packing it up for shipping without further damage. Just pure speculation on my part but I would think $150-200
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 11:39 AM   #10
PDXk5

Thanks Richard,
The split is behind the bench. From that split forward the mat is in good shape. I have it loosely rolled up and laying on floor. I think I could roll it around a 4 inch diameter pvc pipe or card board tube and then put it in a long narrow cardboard box to protect it during shipping.

I have not been able to find this as an aftermarket reproduction. I think it would be great to place over carpet and keep the carpet from getting damaged or dirty when transporting things in the back.