The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 10:41 PM   #1
derotoreut
Roto Reuter thats the name...

Re: to cut or not to cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJones View Post
Personally I think short bed 4x4's look stupid. I guess they are ok on a 2wd but I still prefer the long bed either way.
Well here's a double dose of stupid.
Attached Images

1970 SWB Fleet K10 4X4, 5.3L LM7, 4L60E, Dakota Digital RTX, Vintage Air, Ididit tilt
1971 SWB Fleet C10 - Original SWB Arizona truck, new custom restoration project

"Kick out your motor and drive while you're still alive - kick it out!" - Heart 1977
Old 04-16-2014, 07:32 AM   #2
CC69Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by derotoreut View Post
Well here's a double dose of stupid.
^^ One of my favorite trucks on the board. Incredible, I love it.

As far as the LWB vs. SWB it's your truck. Cut it if that's what you want but realistically it would be less work to sell it and look for a SWB .. just my .02

1967 C10 SWB - Project Savannah - 6.0/4L80 *Currently underway*
1968 C10 SWB - TOTY 2018, 50th Anniversary Tribute Project * Sold * Pride and Joy
1986 Silverado Short Fleet - Scarlet *Sold*
1985 Silverado Short Fleet *Sold*
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted, Built
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted
2013 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe 6spd (wife's ride)
Old 04-16-2014, 08:10 AM   #3
slow-1

That red SWB 4x4 is stupid AWESOME!
Original 350 (3 rebuilds)
700R4 from Bowtie Overdrives

Old 04-16-2014, 11:14 AM   #4
JimJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow-1 View Post
That red SWB 4x4 is stupid AWESOME!
I have to agree even though I don’t really care for SWB 4x4's derotoreut's trucks are really nice
Old 04-16-2014, 01:05 PM   #5
derotoreut
Roto Reuter thats the name...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJones View Post
I have to agree even though I don’t really care for SWB 4x4's derotoreut's trucks are really nice
Thanks Jim. I appreciate the comment. I really wasn't trying to start anything, and I didn't want to get away from the point of this thread. What it really boils down to is personal opinion and what someone really wants out of their truck. Personally I don't care much for the slammed look, but again that's my opinion. The nice thing about this forum is that there are so many smart people here, with so many good ideas, and they are good hearted and want to help others out. However, the difficult part comes when people ask for opinions on personal taste. What someone likes will certainly not be liked by the next guy. I think each person has the right to do what they want with their own truck, without being chastised by everyone. When you ask for opinions you have to be open minded and expect to hear everything under the sun. Oh by the way… one of my trucks is a LWB. LOL.

1970 SWB Fleet K10 4X4, 5.3L LM7, 4L60E, Dakota Digital RTX, Vintage Air, Ididit tilt
1971 SWB Fleet C10 - Original SWB Arizona truck, new custom restoration project

"Kick out your motor and drive while you're still alive - kick it out!" - Heart 1977
Old 04-16-2014, 01:17 PM   #6
JimJones

Quote:
Thanks Jim. I appreciate the comment. I really wasn't trying to start anything, and I didn't want to get away from the point of this thread. What it really boils down to is personal opinion and what someone really wants out of their truck. Personally I don't care much for the slammed look, but again that's my opinion. The nice thing about this forum is that there are so many smart people here, with so many good ideas, and they are good hearted and want to help others out. However, the difficult part comes when people ask for opinions on personal taste. What someone likes will certainly not be liked by the next guy. I think each person has the right to do what they want with their own truck, without being chastised by everyone. When you ask for opinions you have to be open minded and expect to hear everything under the sun. Oh by the way… one of my trucks is a LWB. LOL.
100% agree with what you say. I'm not the best with words and even when I was writing that post I thought to myself what other word can I use besides "stupid" because I didn't want to upset anybody but I was too lazy to think about it and figured we are all men here and can take some strong language if you want to call it that.
Man it's been a while since I've seen your trucks I forgot that the blue one was a longbed. The blue one is a 2wd right?
I don’t have the time right now but ill send you a PM later if I remember.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:28 PM   #7
dajn
Account Suspended

Good luck either way. The cost of cutting up a lwb will never justify itself while there are still plenty of swb for sale. That may change in the future, but for now it doesn't justify. A $6000 lwb is $10000 swb. Do you really gain anything by chopping up a lwb and praying that you know what your doing? Converting a lwb into a swb is not easy or cheap. Any man thar has the ability to do this conversion has my respect. Lots of tools and lots of money
Old 04-23-2014, 01:46 PM   #8
slikside

Quote:
Great post! Spot on.

In most cases, those asking for opinions are usually very happy to hear them, whatever they may be. That's why they are asking.

It's the respondents providing their opinions who sometimes "take issue" with other opinions posted that don't comport with their own, and debate ensues.

But the open debate often helps the OP define and clarify their wishes.

In the end, all is good. As long as it's kept civil. And on this forum, most of the time it is.