The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-11-2017, 12:04 PM   #1
akasnow

Just picked up a '85 C10 SWB 305!

Hey all, just dropping in for an initial Squarebody post! Newbie to the Chevy world, let along the "classic" world. This will be a fun adventure since I am only really used to the modern era of cars and engines. The simplicity of everything in these trucks is exciting.

The truck is in very good shape, barely any rust at all, just normal nicks of paint with surface rust. Driver door took a bang at some point, so it has some rust on it, but nothing a new skin can't fix. Other than that, it's pretty clean! Previous owner did some engine work, new exhaust work, new tires, battery, etc. So it's reliable as it stands already. I'm just going to go over all the fluids, address any leaks, and then as soon as possible, change out the mufflers. They installed glass packs on there, with no cats. It's a bit obnoxious. So, I'll probably throw some Flowmaster 40 Deltas on there soon - or something similar. I'd love to hear your feedback for what you guys have for mufflers with no cats on your 305s or even 350s.

I went to Advance Auto for the first of many trips to get parts. Picked up a new lock set for the doors, since they couldn't locate the door keys. That was a quick and fun job to get me into the swing of things. However, after I finished those, I started crawling around under the truck checking things out better ---- I found a hide a key box!!! HAHAHA. Sooo, yeah. Spare door key was in there LOL. It's alright, the locks were cheap, now they are brand new, and also the driver door cylinder was jammed as it turns out, so this was inevitable. Still just funny and ironic though haha.

Catch you guys around the forum!

FiTech LS Extreme
akasnow is offline   Reply With Quote