The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-31-2020, 09:58 PM   #1
jmking9

Is this a Highlander? And other Spid questions

Just bought this 72 blazer. Almost all of the interior is long gone. There is a black dash pad, and steering column. The visors and door panels are present and are parchment. No seats, or carpet. I'm guessing the "special promotion" is the highlander package?? If so, what color would the plaid have been?
My other question is, what did the skid plate look like? And where was it? Under the t-case?
I'm a total newbie when it comes to Blazers, so any input would be great. Thank you
Attached Images

Old 03-31-2020, 10:20 PM   #2
lks dcvn

Re: Is this a Highlander? And other Spid questions

looking at the list on the SPID - seats would have been blue plaid -

C - first digit of VIN = 1972

check the rebuild of another 1972 Medium Blue highlander back to stock one here - and a few pix to get you started - some before restoration and some after.

Skid plate pix are here and here (gas tank cover)from the thread above. The other skid plate isn't easily spotted in that thread.

That's a loaded truck - great find
A/C
Highlander
Tinted Glass
Tilt - black column, black dash pad, black carpet - parchment everywhere else
Skid Plate - a metal cover over the gas tank and metal plate under driveline
Attached Images

Last edited by lks dcvn; 03-31-2020 at 10:28 PM.
lks dcvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 11:15 PM   #3
1rippen6

Here's another link you may find helpful.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=635033
1rippen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 02:13 PM   #4
jmking9

Thanks for the replies! I really want to understand how it would have looked originally, inside and out. I want to return this one to its (mostly) original form. I had never even seen the spid for it until I went to pick it up and the guy told me he found the glovebox lid in his garage. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of options it had. So here are a few other questions I have...
*Would this have had the lower trim? And if so, would it have been black, or wood grain?
*Would there have been a wood grain tailgate band?
*The only wood grain on the interior of DeadheadNMs Blazer is the door panels. Would that correct for mine as well?
Thanks for all the help. I'm getting really excited about building this one. Having DeadheadNMs thread will be beyond helpful along the way.
Old 04-01-2020, 05:11 PM   #5
lks dcvn

Custom Sport Truck - usually had lower trim.

Do your current door panels have wood trim (and look like the ones from my post above of the redone interior)? If so - you would have lower trim with woodgrain.

If I recall correctly, the only woodgrain on the interior would have been the door panels. I have seen trucks with glovebox and gauge cluster woodgrain, but think those are reserved for the highest trim package on trucks (cheyenne super).

The rear tailgate band would also match (woodgrain or just black).
lks dcvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:08 PM   #6
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Congrats on the buy. Yours would look more or less like mine does now that I’ve got white steel wheels and PO3 hubcaps with the exception of 1) mirrors - yours has the larger camper mirrors (stainless) and 2) being Flint assembled it wouldn’t have the white paint accents on the rear wheel rubs or the along the step face and 3) no CA emissions equipment. Good luck with the build. I’m happy to help wherever possible.
Attached Images

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 12:02 AM   #7
jmking9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
Congrats on the buy. Yours would look more or less like mine does now that I’ve got white steel wheels and PO3 hubcaps with the exception of 1) mirrors - yours has the larger camper mirrors (stainless) and 2) being Flint assembled it wouldn’t have the white paint accents on the rear wheel rubs or the along the step face and 3) no CA emissions equipment. Good luck with the build. I’m happy to help wherever possible.
Thanks! I've saved alot of pictures from you're build. Thank you for taking the time to do such a detailed thread. Its kind of strange, but I was disappointed to see that mine didn't have the white tubs and step up. I think thats a really interesting quirk. One of the things I might deviate from stock on is the mirrors. No offense to anyone that has them, but I just can't get into the camper mirrors on a blazer. It might be a little bit before I really dive into this one. I have to finish up a Chevelle I'm working on before I can start on the Blazer. But seeing yours, and how beautiful medium blue with the highlander interior looks together, has me excited to say the least.
Old 04-03-2020, 08:14 AM   #8
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Thanks for the good words. Yeah, odd that one plant used accent paint that another did not. There are more examples in the Blazer/Jimmy plaid thread. Pickups have some plant specific features too like Janesville centering Deluxe fender emblems. Fun stuff. Good luck with the build.

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote