The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-14-2019, 04:36 PM   #1
wesmigletz

Finally Got our 1970 2wd Blazer Home

My wife and I had been searching for a Blazer, Bronco or Scout to replace her 70 CST we sold to buy a rental property a while back. I came across this on ebay, just after it had been listed late on a Sunday night. The price was reasonable, and didn't think we'd easily find another factory 2WD K5, so I hit the buy it now. When I spoke with the seller the next morning, he said that he had a couple guys offering him a couple grand more than I paid.

It ain't pretty, but it's ours and it's home.

Getting it off the trailer and towing it to our house (the delivery truck couldn't fit down our street)

Looks like it has the utility buckets rather an sport buckets - will sport buckets bolt to the utility bucket brackets?
1964 Malibu SS
1957 Corvette
Pics
www.picturetrail.com/wesmigletz
wesmigletz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 08:06 PM   #2
1rippen6

Re: Finally Got our 1970 2wd Blazer Home

Congrats on the buy!! Unfortunately the utility brackets won't work on sport buckets. The sport bucket brackets won't bolt to the floor either unless you are lucky. I've had a couple that had previsions for both but most don't.
1rippen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 09:46 PM   #3
wesmigletz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rippen6 View Post
Congrats on the buy!! Unfortunately the utility brackets won't work on sport buckets. The sport bucket brackets won't bolt to the floor either unless you are lucky. I've had a couple that had previsions for both but most don't.
Thank you for the information. I'll have to check for the other provisions when I get home. Hopefully they'll be there.
1964 Malibu SS
1957 Corvette
Pics
Old 07-15-2019, 10:14 AM   #4
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Can you tell me about the shipping process please. How did you go about it, how far, and if you don't mind the cost. Im looking at having something shipped and its all high or higher haha!

Thanks, and congrats on the Blazer.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 12:12 PM   #5
wesmigletz

Well it was a convoluted process, but the seller helped arrange the shipping. I worked with the broker (I guess that's what he was called), and gave him very specific details about my house and location - small street off of a small street. The driver showed up with a big rig and a large car hauler and had to park about 1/2 a mile from my house to deliver a non-running car... none of the info I gave the broker made it to the actual driver. It was a bit of a Charlie Foxtrot to get the Blazer from the shipper to my house because it wouldn't start. I work in CA and wasn't there to assist. Fortunately my roommate was able to pull the Blazer with his Previa for my wife. I was expecting it to be delivered to my house, but that wasn't the case.

It shipped from the SLC Utah area to the North Dallas area for $849, plus I paid an extra $100 for the weight of all the parts that were packed in the Blazer. I think the price was good, it was +/-1300 miles. I wasn't happy about the driver expecting to deliver a non-running car to a residence in the Dallas metroplex with a big rig set-up. We live outside the city off a back road. I don't think the broker relayed any info I gave him, and I don't think the driver understood what I was telling him when we spoke. The driver never bothered to do a google Earth, or if he did, he intended to dump the Blazer wherever for me to deal with, I do not know.

Looking back, I should have been more proactive making sure the driver had the info he needed and that he understood me. The little I spoke to the driver I had trouble communicating due to a language barrier. All things considered, it was an OK experience, and I would probably use them again for a project car due to price; I would hesitate to use them for something nice.

On a different note, when my employer relocated me from CA to TX, my employer shipped my 57 and 62 Corvettes to TX, and I had to pay extra beyond what my employer covered for what was supposed to be enclosed, high end car shipping. The shipper, who was rather arrogant and expensive, but he did have a very well rehearsed "you get what you pay for speech" dropped a car on top of my 62 and banged up my 57 pretty good. I ended settling with my insurance company. At the end of the day, Bubba the broker and our driver did a better job than the high-end, professional shipper with the well-rehearsed speech...

The Blazer was delivered in tact and the price was pretty reasonable to me. If you want the broker contact, I will PM it to you.

This was on the nearest big street to our house. Once unloaded, they had to turn around and pull from the front.

1964 Malibu SS
1957 Corvette
Pics

Last edited by wesmigletz; 07-15-2019 at 12:18 PM.
Old 07-24-2019, 06:12 PM   #6
1rippen6

Here is a drivers side floor board with both sets of holes. This blazer has sport buckets the utility bucket holes have 5/16 phillips head bolts in them.
Attached Images

1rippen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 11:24 PM   #7
wesmigletz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rippen6 View Post
Here is a drivers side floor board with both sets of holes. This blazer has sport buckets the utility bucket holes have 5/16 phillips head bolts in them.
Rippen, thank you for the pic. I will be back in TX this weekend and see what my truck has on the floorboard. Hopefully it has both sets of bolt holes.

Wes
1964 Malibu SS
1957 Corvette
Pics
Old 07-28-2019, 08:17 PM   #8
Concordca

Check out Uship.com I have used them a few times. I bought a 71 Jimmy 2wd from Texas and had it shipped to California for $650 last year. Another truck I sold the buyer paid about $500 for an enclosed trailer to Los Vegas. The bids always start out high, but work their way down as more people/companies bid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Can you tell me about the shipping process please. How did you go about it, how far, and if you don't mind the cost. Im looking at having something shipped and its all high or higher haha!

Thanks, and congrats on the Blazer.
Concordca is offline   Reply With Quote