The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-12-2011, 08:29 AM   #1
Gunner83

Tons of Q's

Hey all,
I'm new to the older chevy town. Traded in my 07 DMAX for 83 K10 and have tons of plans for it. I know I know.... why would I trade in a DMAX for the K10? Well, I really didn't trade it in. Sold it a 10 months ago and was drivin around my bike... which is not the most fun during the winter. Well, my wife bought me an 83 K10 for as an anniversary present(She's the best). I'm deployed right now and I want to start pricing all the junk I'm going to do to it . The 350, transfer case and tranny are in perfect condition with 3.73 gears, minor rust on body and the interior will need work i.e.: new bench seat, billet for the interior and gotta fix the track the bench seat is on...doesn't lock; already has 6 inch superlift lift with pretty much brand new 37" Wrangler MTRs and straights with H pipe. Plan on bushwacker cut out fenders, a roll bar, front tube bumper with grille guard and winch and rear tube bumpers(all black). I saw there is a company that makes replacement tailgates that you can mount your spare on and they swing out, but I don't think they make em for 83 chevys. I want one of those(maybe I'll just fab one of my own)...haha that'll show em. I also am gonna maybe do about a one inch body lift. Then my paint scheme......heh you thought I would give that away huh? No dice. Only thing thats gonna be kept a secret is the paint. Anyway, if any of ya'll can help me out that would be awesome. I can't wait to get home, get started, and post up my progress to you guys.

Take care.
Gunner83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:43 AM   #2
Gunner83

Re: Tons of Q's

Forgot pic
Attached Images

Gunner83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:12 PM   #3
1ATony

welcome to the site,great looking truck.I like that year.
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:46 AM   #4
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Welcome to the forum Bunner83. Drop in and visit the 73-87 forum. Lots of 4wd guys there that can provide the details you will need to get your truck just like you want it.

Thank you for your service to our country....

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote