The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-11-2017, 07:14 PM   #26
iriereggaeman

Re: Power lock kit from LMC

I finally got around to attempting the installation of the LMC power lock kit. It was pretty cheap, so wasn't expecting much. And...I didn't get much. No matter how much I fiddle with the linkage that operates the lock, I can't get it to unlock. Locks ok. It seems there just isn't enough power in this actuator to fully unlock it. Live and learn. See video: https://youtu.be/8HgL5QqT0sk

I don't know if it's worth finishing it, if it only locks. (no unlock)
iriereggaeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 10:31 PM   #27
mandojunior

[QUOTE=iriereggaeman;7883003]I finally got around to attempting the installation of the LMC power lock kit. It was pretty cheap, so wasn't expecting much. And...I didn't get much. No matter how much I fiddle with the linkage that operates the lock, I can't get it to unlock. Locks ok. It seems there just isn't enough power in this actuator to fully unlock it. Live and learn. See video: https://youtu.be/8HgL5QqT0sk
I have the opposite problem. My door unlocks but doesnt lock. And only the passenger side will unlock the drivers side. I switched the wires from the passenger to the driver and vise versa but it still only works from the passenger side. Im going to try switching the actuators around and see if it makes a difference. If not im scrapping it. Did you ever get it figured out?
mandojunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 07:44 AM   #28
iriereggaeman

Hey mandojunior. I gave up. I spent about 3 hours fiddling with the poor instructions, and sub-par actuators. Even if I got it working, I don't expect they would last long. It doesn't seem like they were designed for big iron from Flint Michigan...maybe a VW bug

It's packaged up and ready to go back to LMC. I plan to buy a A1 unit...maybe this one: http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/...Code=W01F-712T

Perhaps we can keep each other up to date on our successes and failures in this thread, or via PM? It might be a few weeks before I get the replacement hardware and give it a go again.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:55 PM   #29
mandojunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriereggaeman View Post
Hey mandojunior. I gave up. I spent about 3 hours fiddling with the poor instructions, and sub-par actuators. Even if I got it working, I don't expect they would last long. It doesn't seem like they were designed for big iron from Flint Michigan...maybe a VW bug

It's packaged up and ready to go back to LMC. I plan to buy a A1 unit...maybe this one: http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/...Code=W01F-712T

Perhaps we can keep each other up to date on our successes and failures in this thread, or via PM? It might be a few weeks before I get the replacement hardware and give it a go again.
I messed around with it for a few hours before i gave up too. I cant return it because i bought it 3 years ago and im just now getting to the final stages of my build. Electric locks are not really a priority right now so ill be doing that in a few months after i get it running again. If you could update or pm me when you settle on a new kit that'd be awesome.
mandojunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 06:05 PM   #30
iriereggaeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandojunior View Post
I messed around with it for a few hours before i gave up too. I cant return it because i bought it 3 years ago and im just now getting to the final stages of my build. Electric locks are not really a priority right now so ill be doing that in a few months after i get it running again. If you could update or pm me when you settle on a new kit that'd be awesome.
This fell off my priority list for a while, but I'm considering getting it going again, but I need to select a kit. Ideally, I'd like a 4 actuator kit. One for each of the 3 regular doors, plus an extra one to add to - yet to be created and installed - actuator for the back barn doors. Did you make any progress MandoJunior?
Old 05-16-2019, 02:01 PM   #31
iriereggaeman

I finally have a little time to get this going again. I ordered the "MES Central locks with Avital 3100 Alarm" kit and hope to install in the next week or so.
https://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2...Code=W02F-740T

It's a 4-lock kit, so I hope to use for all 3 door on my '72 Suburban, and possibly get the rear door in on fun as well. If I'm able to get this to work, it will require some trickery since the rear door doesn't have an internal handle or knob to pull. I hope to fix that before adding the power lock component.

If I can't get that to work, I'll be pretty happy with power locks on the 3 'regular' doors.