The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board > 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans and PanelsProjects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-06-2015, 03:04 AM   #1
Gobuffalo

Re: The Bufmobl Build

Haven't got much done because of some bad weather and having a regular job and all.
Got the computer reprogramed. Got the harness about half done. Got most of the plumbing done.
Made my own fuel filter bracket out of a piece of 2 1/2" stainless exhaust tubing. Mocked up everything on the bench. Gonna install tomorrow.
Attached Images

Gobuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 12:50 AM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobuffalo View Post
Haven't got much done because of some bad weather and having a regular job and all.
Got the computer reprogramed. Got the harness about half done. Got most of the plumbing done.
Made my own fuel filter bracket out of a piece of 2 1/2" stainless exhaust tubing. Mocked up everything on the bench. Gonna install tomorrow.

Looking good! Do you have any rubber cushion around the pump anywhere? You might have some noise transfer if you don't. Just a thought....

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 04:37 AM   #3
Gobuffalo

The pump is in the tank. The last picture I posted is of the filter and a bracket I made out of a piece of 2 1/2" stainless exhaust tubing. I did line the inside of the bracket with rubber. All of this is mounted on the inside of the left frame rail about a foot back from the trans cross member.
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2015, 09:40 AM   #4
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
The pump is in the tank. The last picture I posted is of the filter and a bracket I made out of a piece of 2 1/2" stainless exhaust tubing. I did line the inside of the bracket with rubber. All of this is mounted on the inside of the left frame rail about a foot back from the trans cross member.
ahh, gotcha.

LockDoc

-
Old 03-07-2015, 12:57 PM   #5
notchbackgta

Quote:
I did line the inside of the bracket with rubber.
Is that rated to be submersed in fuel? If not it will become goo fairly quickly
notchbackgta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 02:26 PM   #6
Gobuffalo

The bracket is for the external fuel filter only. If there are any leaks (which there shouldn't be, if I did this right) they will be fixed as this is high pressure fuel.

LockDoc, I saw, in another members post, where you wrote about wind wing rubbers. I'm having the same problems with proper fit. I've ordered some from CP to see if that helps. Have you ever delt with the windshield trim. I purchased new rubber and a new trim kit, they don't fit for squat. Had a glass guy come out and try with a different rubber ( made by Prestige) same problem. His rubber fit way better but the stainless trim won't stay in the rubber as you pull it in. He told me the only ones that fit are the factory originals. It's like they are not bent correctly. It pops out at the top corners and the bottom about a foot from the sides. Any help?
Old 03-07-2015, 07:06 PM   #7
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
The bracket is for the external fuel filter only. If there are any leaks (which there shouldn't be, if I did this right) they will be fixed as this is high pressure fuel.

LockDoc, I saw, in another members post, where you wrote about wind wing rubbers. I'm having the same problems with proper fit. I've ordered some from CP to see if that helps. Have you ever delt with the windshield trim. I purchased new rubber and a new trim kit, they don't fit for squat. Had a glass guy come out and try with a different rubber ( made by Prestige) same problem. His rubber fit way better but the stainless trim won't stay in the rubber as you pull it in. He told me the only ones that fit are the factory originals. It's like they are not bent correctly. It pops out at the top corners and the bottom about a foot from the sides. Any help?
The wind wing rubber gaskets I used were from here:

http://www.classicparts.com/1967-197...departments/7/

I didn't have any problem with fit or function.

The glass guy would be correct as far as the trim. 90% of the aftermarket stuff won't work. You are much better off finding some dent free original pieces and polishing them.

LockDoc

-
Old 06-04-2017, 11:37 PM   #8
Gobuffalo

I'm back!!!
Ran out of money. My beautiful bride got sick, almost sold the Burb but my wife said I shouldn't. I knew she was a keeper.
I couldn't sell the big block and TH400 for much so I put it in a 66 ElCamino I tripped over one day for $200.00. Spent a year on that but made profit. Took a second job at a Hot Rod shop 1 day a week for extra cash.
Best of all my lovely bride got better and has encouraged me to finish.
Now I've got boxes of parts and no time.