The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-23-2009, 12:45 AM   #1
fastbagged68

My Accuair e-Level Install....

Over the years I have made posts of my Suburban mostly pertaining to Air Bags and Crossmember drops. When I started my build I did a crossmember, Custom Control Arms, Power Rack.....everything to make it layout on a 28" tall tire. The rear I kept the stock trailing arms, wishbone, 3 inch custom blocks, and a big notch. The air system was on 1/2" lines.

I had 12 valves though..... 8- 1/2" valves and 4-1/4" valves. I used the 1/4" to set the ride height. Over the time my valves have leaked. Some on the intake some on the exhaust valves. Some morning I would come out to drive it and my rear passenger is up in the air 5".....I hated it. I would go to the car shows and TRY to set the car @ "Show height" to drive in....sometimes it would be too low in the front....dragging my swaybar.... sometimes too low in the rear....etc. I would go pick up a buddy and have to re-adjust it. I like to drive my Suburban LOW!!!! I built the suspension to drive @ about 3" off the ground... never bottoms out or scrape.....unless pulling into a driveway.. I have installed many air systems and think gauges are a waste of money. Air gauges are not accurate AT ALL. They will change with where the system is in its cycle/travel, air pressure readings change with load (passengers) fuel...etc.

All these issues have caused me to let my car sit in my garage for too long. We had some down time in the shop (Hill's Rod & Custom) So I got the new ACCUAIR e- Level Control System. We recently installed the system on a Customer's 99' Tahoe. He now drives it every day and loves it now. (He also felt the way I did) After installing it I was blown away by how precise it is. When we set it up it was within a 1/16" everytime it went to the ride height. We tested it out before we gave the tahoe back to him....It worked PERFECTLY.

Now with my system in the shop I decided to start tearing out my old parts. Attached are some pictures I have taken. I will post more pictures as I finish up the build.

I know majority of air suspension owners feel the same way I do, so I thought I would share this system with you guys.
If you do not know what AccuAir is look them up www.accuaircs.com
Attached Images

fastbagged68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:53 AM   #2
fastbagged68

Re: My Accuair e-Level Install....

I have attached a picture of my old valves. Compare those to the new ones.

I also started mounting the valves and computer.
Attached Images

Old 03-23-2009, 07:32 AM   #3
Rokcrln

Cool I have been waiting to see more hands on info on this system. I have installed several ART pro systems with very good results but saw this system awhile back and it got me thinking. I know it has the four corner actuators but does it also read corner PSI as well? I could not find that info on their site. What I am wondering is if it only uses actuators then what happens if you park sideways half in and half out of a driveway? Does the system think it has two low and two high readings. I know with the ART system since it has both ride height actuators and psi sensors it knows they the difference and will not adjust until you move.

I am just finishing up the rear of my 72 Tahoe 4 door and I will be ready to order my ride height system in the next month or so and this one has a cleaner look that some that I have installed but once the install is done you don't see much anyways so the performance is the important part.

I am running the DM C4 in the front and a 6 linked Vett C4 IRS out back so with the time and money I have in this system so far I am not willing to compromise on the leveling system.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:46 AM   #4
see ten
WTB this ad

I understand the fact that the sensors will have to be installed on all four corners. And it also looks like you've got a manifold that will be replacing the valves. What else is going to have to be replaced from the original system? Will you still be using your original tank and compressor?

Looking forward to seeing how it all comes together!
see ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:24 AM   #5
Shane
Account Suspended

Cool, they even gave you an iPod!
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:45 PM   #6
AceX
>130dB Moderator

Ow! %#&*! I just shot Pepsi out my nose! Thanks alot Shane!

Friend. Father. Brother.
RIP El Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLICK HERE and for less than $0.07 a day, you too can help support and build a better forum.
AceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:23 PM   #7
m6z

Can't wait. This is the system I'm planning on using.

Looking for a 67-72 short bed driver.....
m6z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:59 PM   #8
VA72C10
VA72C10

Interested and will be looking into this as an option...subscribed
Old 03-23-2009, 03:25 PM   #9
kevncar

Lots of interest in this system apparently...keep it coming. Thanks!!!

72 Chevelle

67 C10...454/TH400
Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=193961
kevncar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:37 PM   #10
fastbagged68

Rokcrln - Their FAQ section on the website answers most of these questions (http://accuaircs.com/research.html) Click on "Leveling System FAQ". I will also give them a call and see if they will answer some questions on here for you guys. I do know that their leveling technology is by far the most advanced. Their system is the only one out there that actually levels while you are driving.

I will post more pictures tonight. I will be @ the Good Guys car show this weekend in Pleasanton with my suburban if I get it done in time. If I'm there any guys that will be @ the show can check out the system first hand.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:25 PM   #11
68 short step

looks like good stuff... please do a photo story of the install...
68 short step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:10 PM   #12
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Good info here,... subscribing.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:18 PM   #13
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Please keep us informed of what you learn. If you have a contact with them we would love to have a rep from Accuair drop by and give us more details.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:19 PM   #14
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Cool, they even gave you an iPod!
Yeah, but it's like so last years version...

Articles-

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
Old 03-24-2009, 03:11 AM   #15
fastbagged68

Attached are some more pics.

I installed my valve, computer, and sensors today. I also made a bracket for the water seperator they send in the kit. They also sent me a heavy duty solenoid, but I do not need to run it. My Oasis compressor has one built in it. I am moving my compressor from in my cab to under my cab. I will post pics of that too.

See-ten, I am reusing me tank, and compressor. I'm getting rid of the valves and 1/2" line. The Accuair valve is plumbed for 3/8" line.

Also I know some of you guys are going to think that the valves are more money then your "typical" Air ride valve..... they are not. There valve block will cut down on all the fitting you will need. You will only need 4 fittings for your bags, and 1 or 2 from your tank. Plus the sound of there valves are cool!!!
Attached Images

Old 03-24-2009, 07:31 AM   #16
Rokcrln

Will you be at the GG show Friday? I will be swinging by for a few hours in the morning to re-stock some needed supplies for my show before heading to an appointment in the afternoon. Do you have a better pic of your centering Y link you built for the rear end? I don't think I have ever seen one done this way before but it looks very simple and effective leaving plenty of room behind the diff.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:44 AM   #17
fastbagged68

I will not be @ the GG show friday. Saturday I will though...all day. I will take more pics of the Wishbone link. It is similiar to a drag race unit like these http://www.cachassisworks.com/iwwidb...ti_item_submit I have no side to side movement.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:18 PM   #18
AccuAirSuspension

It is nice to see all of your interest in our system and we will be here to answer any of your questions.

Fastbagged68, thanks for posting the pictures of your install! We are all excited to see how it comes out. Some of the nicest air suspension fab work we have seen has come out of Hill's Rod & Custom in the past and it doesn't look like you will be letting us down on this one. Will you be able to post any video once your finished? Being able to watch the e-Level system at work really helps to clarify it's capabilities. (If you can throw a load in the back of that burb and show how the e-level system automatically corrects, that would be awesome). We are close to posting some videos on our website at the moment, but there never seems to be enough time in the day to get everything done.

For those of you who have never heard of us, you can click "Company" on our website for our formal background, but here is the informal; We are a team of regular guys who are passionate about bringing today's technology to old cars and trucks in every way possible. We have been devoted to the development of advanced air suspension systems since 2001, (originally stimulated by my 72 2wd Blazer project that had Air Ride Tech switches and gauges when we started). With mechanical engineering degrees, we have a hard time settling for mediocre performance of anything let alone our vehicles... so here we are! Our team of talented individuals has devoted the past three years to developing our new e-Level system and it has been no small task. To create a system that works flawlessly on anything from a slammed suburban to a fleet of ambulances has resulted in 30,000 lines worth of intelligent software code, (and we thank Redbull for many of those lines ). We released the e-Level a few months back at SEMA and the response has exceeded our expectations so far. After all of this work, it is very satisfying to actually here how happy our customers are after installing and operating this system.

Our ultimate goal is to see air suspension become more widely accepted through more reliable, accurate, and simple daily operation. We have tried to create a product line that is affordable without compromising quality at any level (always challenging). When you guys are shopping for air management systems, make sure that you are comparing apples and apples because in every case you should find that we are at least $200 cheaper than the competition with unmatched quality and performance.

Once again, we invite all of your questions and comments. Thanks!

Last edited by N2TRUX; 03-24-2009 at 10:04 PM.
AccuAirSuspension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 05:50 PM   #19
Long63

fastbagged68 do you have any better pics of that wishbone setup? Thanks
Long63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:00 PM   #20
AccuAirSuspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
Please keep us informed of what you learn. If you have a contact with them we would love to have a rep from Accuair drop by and give us more details.
N2TRUX, well we are the "rep from AccuAir" and we "dropped by" like you asked.... and look what happened! WTF

Last edited by AccuAirSuspension; 03-24-2009 at 07:16 PM.
AccuAirSuspension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:14 PM   #21
fastbagged68

I will have a better pic of the wishbone set up later tonight.

What happened to the AccuAir post. When I read it I didn't think they did anything wrong. Kind of gave a little insight to the history of the company.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:21 PM   #22
Rokcrln

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccuAirSuspension View Post
N2TRUX, well we are the "rep from AccuAir" and we "dropped by" like you asked.... and look what happened! WTF
Sorry you were Edited as I did not see what your post was. I think as long as you do not talk about price or "you can buy it from us" type of stuff it should be OK. This site does require you to be a paid vendor to advertise and they get allot of traffic on this site that has paid off well for my Company.
I would like to know more about the Accuair system my self as I am just getting ready to take the plunge on an auto air system and I have only used ART at this point so give us another shot I think you will come to like this site and it's members.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:15 PM   #23
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Reno-
Thanks for dropping in and sharing your companies information as well as becoming a forum vendor.

As you might suspect we have a lot of companies that post links, etc to their business here.

In an effort to offer maximuim exposure to the vendors that support the forum, the staff is required to edit posts by those that are not paid supporters.

Thanks again to fastbagged68 for inviting you here, and to AccuAirSuspension for being here.

Articles-

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
Old 03-24-2009, 10:33 PM   #24
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

Id also like more info ... subscribed.

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..

Last edited by FRENCHBLUE72; 03-24-2009 at 10:33 PM.
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:05 PM   #25
lofly'a

i am shopping air management systems also and will be watching this install.
-2003 YUKON (Wife's)
-71 gmc swb fleet (current project, gonna shave everything, bags, stuff w/ 20's, gen III powertrain)
-48 3100 SWB - 12/31/23 LONG TERM Project
lofly'a is offline   Reply With Quote