The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-21-2014, 02:08 PM   #1
chewiebarker

Seating

What is considered a typical/decent price on original seats - frames mostly? I assume that reuhpolseritng is usually necessary.

I need both front and second row seats in my 71 and I see some opportuinities on CL and EBAY but I don't know what a 'good' price is. Also, it always seems like they are located in Cali - and I am on the East coast - so I always have to take the possibility of shipping into account.

I just really don't know what to start at.

For instance, this seems like a great price to me (in attached pic), but shipping it to Boston would probably make no sense - but perhaps I am wrong on my understanding of what seats go for?

Also, more importantly, can a bench from a 67-72 truck the same as the front seat of a Suburban??? If so, that might make my hunt a whole heck of a lot easier!
Attached Images

MY 'BUILD' THREAD: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=618915
chewiebarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:49 PM   #2
vectorit
What?

Re: Seating

The difference I have seen on the front bench of a Suburban and a PU, is that the Suburban has the back upholstered and the PU bench does not. The mounting is the same.

I typically see PU benches range from free, to ready to run with like new upholstery for sale at around 250.00.
(In fact I am selling a PU bench on CL for 150 OBO, and it is good enough to run as is).

The rear benches of a burb are typically harder to come by, and I have seen them priced in the 100 to 400 dollar ranges. The 3rd seat is usually the more scarce of the two, and is often times scooped up by K5 people because it can be made to work in the early Blazers.

The second and third bench mounting brackets are another hard to find part, so you always want to try to get them with the benches if you find a set.

Then you can create more difficulty in your search, if you are concerned about the front bench slide lever being YOM correct... But in your case, I wouldn't bother muddying up the waters of your quest to find benches.

The best places I have seen Suburban benches available for sale, are at small salvage yards that like to take in older cars/trucks. Since they seem to stick around longer, because they are bulky and typically pretty ratty.

Though as time goes on, this kind of stuff is getting more and more hard to find, and restoration people know they are valuable so the price just keeps going up.
vectorit is offline   Reply With Quote