The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-08-2020, 07:48 AM   #51
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Re: Skunks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsolver72 View Post
Man that’s not good. Did you kill it because of potential rabies or were you really mad?
Killed it because they usually run. They don't usually act aggressively. I was super mad too....

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 01:14 AM   #52
Killer Bee

the boy and I spotted this gal carving a stump at the resort lake down the road from the farm last week..

turned out pretty cool, skunk and all

Old 07-10-2020, 06:07 AM   #53
special-K
Special Order

Very cool. I'm surprised she's not set up better for working off the ground than what I see therer

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 07:59 AM   #54
Boog
laying low

Starving artist. Can't yet afford a ladder..
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 01:18 AM   #55
pritch

I had to make a dump run first thing this morning, and a skunk had just gone off on something near by. As if the dump don't stink bad enough already!

I was talking to my friend a couple night ago and he said he got one while cutting his hay. I guess he's now got 10 bales or so that he can't even get close to. I looked around the dump and didn't see any hay bales, though...
Ol' Green
pritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 08:15 AM   #56
special-K
Special Order

It's been very hot here for a week or more. Yesterday was a bit better, some breeze, and lower humidity. Last evening the desire to camp out was hitting me. Such a shame to sleep inside a house you're trying to cool down when it's so comfortable outside. I didn't feel like setting up a tent, then I thought "screen house!". Usually the picnic table is in there, but it's moved out to get more storage of parts and a pile of milled cherry. I looked to see what it would take to make room for a sleeping pad on the floor space. Looked doable, then I remembered the skunks right below the floor. shoot! It would be my luck I'd snore so loud it scared them into spraying and I'd wake up sucking that in with a snore!!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 07-12-2020, 10:29 AM   #57
kingsolver72
10/30/19

That’s too bad, losing out on comfortable slumber outside because of Pepe Le Pew and his family.
Fortunately l haven’t seen any skunks on my place this year. A couple of years ago I saw a skunk run in to my shop while I was mowing. I was worried about putting the mower up when I finished so I decided to get in the pick up and drive it in to the shop and fumigated the little bugger. I drove the truck back out after a couple minutes, waited and hour and on high alert slowly drove the mower in the shop. I never saw him again.

Been seeing this little fella lately early in the morning and late after noon.
I though he was going to walk right up to my deck. When he realized I was taking his picture he ran off. He must be shy or he was mitigating.
Attached Images

Old 07-12-2020, 11:12 AM   #58
special-K
Special Order

Probably a wanted bandit

Tim

Old 07-12-2020, 11:18 AM   #59
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

He needs to wear his mask over his nose and mouth. Not his eyes....lol

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 01:03 PM   #60
Boog
laying low

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsolver72 View Post
That’s too bad, losing out on comfortable slumber outside because of Pepe Le Pew and his family.
Fortunately l haven’t seen any skunks on my place this year. A couple of years ago I saw a skunk run in to my shop while I was mowing. I was worried about putting the mower up when I finished so I decided to get in the pick up and drive it in to the shop and fumigated the little bugger. I drove the truck back out after a couple minutes, waited and hour and on high alert slowly drove the mower in the shop. I never saw him again.

Been seeing this little fella lately early in the morning and late after noon.
I though he was going to walk right up to my deck. When he realized I was taking his picture he ran off. He must be shy or he was mitigating.
That reminds me of a camping trip we were on some years back. It was well after dark. We were sitting around a good fire with our chairs a couple feet apart. We weren't making any noise, just staring at the fire when out of the corner of my eye I saw this good sized critter in between our chairs. He just walked right up between us and stood there also staring at the fire. After a minute or so I said HEY and boy he took off nearly running through the fire. A BIG old coon it was. My wife never noticed him until I spoke and he took off. I nearly spilt my cold drink.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:26 AM   #61
special-K
Special Order

I saw some of the neighbor's garbage bags ripped open last week, then I saw he did a dump run and raked up the area of loose garbage. You figure if their trash gets torn into enough they might invest in some garbage cans with lids. There is always hope. But yesterday he told me how twice his trash was torn into, indicating it was the skunks. I think "Why are you telling me?". Maybe it's just making conversation over a common issue we have, but I can't help but feel it's seen as my skunk problem because they live on my side of the fence. When I had a cat they'd blame her, as if skunks, rats, racoons, squirrels, crows, other cats, and maybe others couldn't be the problem. I said I haven't seen them lately and he said he hadn't either. When he tells me about his trash being torn up again I'll make my common reply be "That just sucks. I'm sure glad they can't get to mine"

Tim

Old 07-16-2020, 08:13 AM   #62
special-K
Special Order

On Tuesday afternoon the neighbor kids were eager to report they had just seen a skunk getting into their trash. I looked but didn't see any. My trash gets picked up Tuesday morning, so no worries here. I have decided the next time their dad brings it up I'll mention how glad I am they can't get to mine. They haul occasionally (monthly?) to the landfill. meanwhile the garbage bags pile up. There is a metal shed sample (2' deep) they used to stuff it in but I think the sliding doors are screwed up. I know rats could get in all along, but probably wouldn't have skunks if they could at least put it in a tight shed. Oy vey...

Tim

Old 07-16-2020, 09:18 PM   #63
jimer1964

Local cat food thief!
Attached Images

jimer1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 09:23 PM   #64
special-K
Special Order

You know Jim, when I had a cat I always fed it outside and never had a problem with it other animals eating it. Then again, she did get awful skinny before she passed . No, just kidding. Never had an issue with any rodents or varmints, and I think her for that. I need another cat.

Tim