The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-24-2020, 09:01 AM   #1
C.I.Blazer

First Start

Started my Blazer for the first time after swapping in my gen 3 6.0. Disconnected the fuel and coils and cranked it a couple of times to try and build some oil pressure. Hooked them back up, gave the key and turn, and it fired right up! SWEET! I am so excited!

My gauge showed great oil pressure right away which I was worried about since this was a craigslist motor that I did not rebuild. Only two issues with the startup. I found an oil leak where I had forgotten to tighten the line I am running to my mechanical gauge. Tightened it up and not single drip of fluid on the ground so far. I also put the car into gear and it would not go anywhere very easily. I figured it was because the fluid was low as I needed to fill both the radiator trans cooler as well as the auxiliary cooler I installed. Sure enough, as soon as I got it all topped of I was able to put it into gear and drive it out of the garage for the first time since the day I brought it home.

Hoping to get it hauled up to the exhaust ship this week, then I can start dealing with the myriad of little things that need to be addressed (NSS, Temp Gauge, etc). My goal is to have a driving project so I will use it a locally over the summer then dive into body work and rust repair next winter.

Thanks to everyone on the LS Swap forum for all the help and information along the way. No way I could have done this on my own.
Attached Images

C.I.Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 12:17 PM   #2
TrybalRage

Re: First Start

Nice! Just fired mine as well for the first time last friday. It's an awesome feeling.

2010 Suburban 2500 LT 4WD
TrybalRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 07:51 AM   #3
C.I.Blazer

Congrats to you too. It is a great feeling and sure is motivation to keep moving forward.
C.I.Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 04:54 PM   #4
LS short box

I did my first LS swap about 15 years ago into a 1979 Camaro. It was the first time ever dealing with electric fuel pumps, LS wiring harnesses and fabbing intake tubes. I had million questions for the guys on LS1tech.
I was shocked when I turned the key for the first time and it started up almost instantly and it ran great.
LS short box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 02:57 AM   #5
prodjay10

LS short box, that's how I feel anytime I work on a car.
prodjay10 is offline   Reply With Quote