The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-06-2011, 01:34 PM   #1
'68 Pieces

Truck models??

I cant find anything that shows pictures of the different models of trucks on the internet, i know theirs fleetside, stepside, long bed short bed.

there is the tag on the inside of the glove box, but the PO painted over the darn thing , i can see some of the stuff but cant see the model number or any other options that may have been added.

Anyway, my truck is a 68 short bed, from the vin i learned it used to be a 6 cylinder.

I look on here at pics and what people are talking about, "custom big window", and such,

Then i think back and wonder what i am working with, maybe someone can help. ill try and get some pictures

Its a short bed, its got a 3 on the tree transmission, it doesnt have a motor, its got (i think if i can remember) a 12 bolt rear end, and the drive shaft is all one piece. Now i see a lot of them that are like a 2 piece drive shaft, dont know if thats aftermarket or what.

Or is anything different on these trucks, just the custom add ons from the dealer?????????

Maybe its a frankenstein, i have no idea lol.
'68 Pieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:04 PM   #2

Re: Truck models??

here you go http://www.tocmp.com/brochures/GMTrucks/index.html http://www.mcsmk8.com/70-CHEV/70-CHEV.HTM http://www.lov2xlr8.no/chevy.html
Old 03-06-2011, 07:51 PM   #3
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
Might be something here...

http://www.pattson.com/maych/67_72_chevy.htm

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:37 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

As far as model numbers go,they tell 2 or 4wd,6 or 8 cyl,1/2,3/4,or 1 ton,wheelbase,and bed. There were cab & chassis models as well as Fleetside and Stepside.So,we can figure out your model number by you telling us what you have.
As far as figuring out your options,that will be difficult to do accurately unless you truck is fairly original. Maybe accurate isn't the word as much as original. Who knows what was added or changed? That option sheet is the only testimonial to originality. But,usually we can tell changes unless they were done to appear from factory which usually happens on a truck that's been pretty well upgraded.
We can probably tell if you had a standard C/10,Custom/10,or CST/10 with more description or pictures. These were trim level options,not models. So,post up some pictures,give more description,or just start shooting questions. There are plenty here who can help you out.

Just a note: That Pattson site,although pretty informative,is fairly inaccurate which is misleading. You can gain a general grasp on info which is better than none. But,for refined and accurate info you are in a better place right here. For instance,that site says upper trim was available on '68s...not true,'70 was first year for tilt wheel...'69 was.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 03-07-2011 at 08:53 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:58 AM   #5
'68 Pieces

thanks everyone for the info so far........

unfortunately the PO that started to restore my truck, filled in all the trim holes (crappy job by the way) and shot a crappy coat of paint over it.
'68 Pieces is offline   Reply With Quote