The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-14-2012, 06:57 AM   #1
Fan2zee

Re: How about some pics of custom stereos

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps77 View Post
Those kick panels look like prefabs. If so, which ones are they and how well are they built? Did you add any stiffening?
The kickpanels are Q-Logic, "Q-Forms 6-1/2 Component" enclosure. No, I did not have to add any additional supports, though I used whatever supports/bolts/brackets that were already on the truck to make the fitment look more stock.

They are more expensive than other enclosures, but as you can see by the pictures they fit perfect and match my interior very well... for a clean look.. and not taken anything away from the truck...

Last edited by Fan2zee; 04-14-2012 at 06:58 AM. Reason: oops
Fan2zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #2
gramps77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan2zee View Post
The kickpanels are Q-Logic, "Q-Forms 6-1/2 Component" enclosure. No, I did not have to add any additional supports, though I used whatever supports/bolts/brackets that were already on the truck to make the fitment look more stock.

They are more expensive than other enclosures, but as you can see by the pictures they fit perfect and match my interior very well... for a clean look.. and not taken anything away from the truck...
What about E-brake clearance? Any issues?
gramps77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:22 PM   #3
Fan2zee

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps77 View Post
What about E-brake clearance? Any issues?
My E-Brake just happens to engage properly and clears the speaker about 1/4". Any closer and I would have to shorten the E-Brake about 1 1/2".

My E-Brake has always engaged at the top of the pedal very well, so I'm sure if anyone's has slack or it's at the bottom of the pedal when it engage's then you will have to modify.

The quality of the mids and highs work great in our style trucks, and worth all efforts if you are planning on keeping it!
Old 04-14-2012, 04:25 PM   #4
Fan2zee

Here's clearance picture:
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2012, 01:04 AM   #5
cmax87v3500

so heres mine, 1987 gmc v3500 std cab. 2 kenwood kfc-w1200f shallow mount 12's in a custom box, 2 rockford power 6x9's in custom corner cabnets, four 3.5 rockfords in the dash, kicker zx700.5 under the seat, and a kenwood head unit. as nice as the flashy custom boxes and molded fiberglass boxes and kick panel speakers are, ive never been a huge fan of having that much flashy stuff in my trucks, clean and simple are how i like it. this system rocks pretty good, for just being a simple setup, best in my town in a standard cab. itl make your ears hurt pretty bad if you push it that far. i like to put my seat back and not be able to see anything. the first pic is of the amp when it was being installeed, because theres no way to get a picture now lol
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2012, 05:48 AM   #6
Fan2zee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmax87v3500 View Post
so heres mine, 1987 gmc v3500 std cab. 2 kenwood kfc-w1200f shallow mount 12's in a custom box, 2 rockford power 6x9's in custom corner cabnets, four 3.5 rockfords in the dash, kicker zx700.5 under the seat, and a kenwood head unit. as nice as the flashy custom boxes and molded fiberglass boxes and kick panel speakers are, ive never been a huge fan of having that much flashy stuff in my trucks, clean and simple are how i like it. this system rocks pretty good, for just being a simple setup, best in my town in a standard cab. itl make your ears hurt pretty bad if you push it that far. i like to put my seat back and not be able to see anything. the first pic is of the amp when it was being installeed, because theres no way to get a picture now lol
Looks Good!
Old 04-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #7
cmax87v3500

Thanks!