The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-20-2011, 01:17 AM   #1
jnocero

Side Mount Fuel Tank Dimensions

Does anyone have the dimensions of the 16 and 20 gallon side mount fuel tanks?
Is there any chance that one of these could be made to work on a 67 C-10? I want to keep my spare tire under the bed, and get the fuel out of the cab. In the 73-87 photos, it looks like the cab is higher, or the rear cutout is larger for the tank to fit through?
I posted on the 67-72 site, and found that there was an option for extended range saddle tanks, but most rusted out, and good luck finding a set.
If the 73-87 tank won't work, I will try to find a rectangular plastic tank to fit up into the bedside in front of the rear tire.
jnocero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:46 AM   #2
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Re: Side Mount Fuel Tank Dimensions

you are right the cab is shaped to accomodate the fuel tanks..I believe the fuel tanks dimensions are on the advanced auto parts website. I do not know them off the top of my head but i do know they sell for about $100 each there
JC Whitney sells alot of fuel tanks in odd shapes and sizes ( or they used to i havent looked there in years) you may want to look there

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!

Last edited by old Rusty C10; 02-20-2011 at 11:47 AM.
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote