The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2019, 09:48 PM   #1
kpseykot

My 1954 3100 restoration

Hey guys, id like to introduce myself and my build. My name is Kyle, I'm from south Jersey. I'm 28, and iv been a gearhead since I was about 11. I have always been real into the corvette world and iv owned a 94 corvette for the past 9 1/2 years. I joined the marine corps in 2012, and got out in the summer of 2017. right after I got out I started getting the idea of buying an old truck. I have wanted to restore a vehicle since I was young, and iv done pretty extensive work on my vette and a few Camaros that have been through my family. I wanted to find an old AD truck that I could drive around for a while and maintain with the intent of eventually doing a full frame off restoration. so I went shopping.

The Truck: after shopping for a while and not really finding anything in the middle ground, I was only finding complete basket cases, and well redone trucks. I finally came across this 54, local to me. owner said it had been sitting for two years but he was able to get it running. I went and checked the truck out, found It running very rough. also didn't have brakes. I was a bit indimidated by some of the cab rot, but iv been doing night schooling for welding, and figured I could handle it. we came to a price that I was ok with,i rented a trailer and brought her home!
Attached Images

kpseykot is offline   Reply With Quote