The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-04-2008, 12:41 AM   #1
VH Coachworks

Head unit and speakers??????

Hey Ya'll!! It's been a while since I've been on here! Anyways I'm looking to put a good system with a GOOD sound in my 67' C/10, thats not going to brake the bank. I have always been a fan of Blaupunkt and Sony, never had any problems always sounded good. However I've been trying to find opinions on Blaupunkt and not very many people have even heard of them... lol Back to the point, What is your personal favorite, and whats your opinion on Blaupunkt??
Thanks guys!
VH Coachworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:31 AM   #2
AceX
>130dB Moderator

Re: Head unit and speakers??????

I'm not a fan of Blaupunkt despite a guy I knew having built their flagship car a few years back.

They have some innovative products, but nothing really special. The quality is easily beat and their amps are nothing to write home about.

Sony makes me laugh every time I hear the name. The only thing they make that is even worth mentioning are the sub amps.

If you want some good sound for a lowish price, check into Boston Accustic, ARC Audio, and Infinity.

Friend. Father. Brother.
RIP El Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLICK HERE and for less than $0.07 a day, you too can help support and build a better forum.
AceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:39 PM   #3
tommyd241

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
Hey Ya'll!! It's been a while since I've been on here! Anyways I'm looking to put a good system with a GOOD sound in my 67' C/10, thats not going to brake the bank. I have always been a fan of Blaupunkt and Sony, never had any problems always sounded good. However I've been trying to find opinions on Blaupunkt and not very many people have even heard of them... lol Back to the point, What is your personal favorite, and whats your opinion on Blaupunkt??
Thanks guys!
What are you looking for in a system? Just some speakers running of the deck power? Are you gonna use an external amp to power your speakers. Do you want a sub? What is your budget?
tommyd241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:58 PM   #4
VH Coachworks

I'm looking for a good sound at a darn good price! lol I'd be running four 3 ways up front and 2 sub woofers behind the seat so I'm thinking probally 2 amps. My budget for the system for now is probally 500 bucks. But to be upgraded once I get It 100% finished off.
VH Coachworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:36 PM   #5
tommyd241

If you want to run 4 speakers and 2 subs with 2 amps you will need a deck with 6-ch pre-amp outputs. Here is a nice one:
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...ures_and_specs

I like this one too: http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...ures_and_specs
tommyd241 is offline   Reply With Quote