The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-04-2009, 11:16 AM   #1
roofingbloke

Thumbs down Poor service from cpp

Ive been having a problem with a part that i purchased from cpp, very poor attitude when i called them, anyone else had problems with these people
roofingbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:09 PM   #2
hd74

Re: Poor service from cpp

i have got several things from them with no problem. what part are you haveing a problem with?
hd74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:46 PM   #3
Bazooka
Keepin it old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by roofingbloke View Post
Ive been having a problem with a part that i purchased from cpp, very poor attitude when i called them, anyone else had problems with these people
They have a bad reputation when it comes to this..
Bazooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:24 PM   #4
gostranger
65 suburban vortec 5.3 bagged

i called up and asked a few questions and the info they gave me ended up being wrong also i have been watching there prices and i check on ebay and the prices on ebay are lower than on there own website and some of the stuff is just brokered and marked up!!
gostranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:35 PM   #5
roofingbloke

Purchased a brake booster kit for a disc/drum setup, cannot get a good pedal,
Tried everything, bench bleeding,all tests for servo etc etc, still nothing, gone through 6 ltrs of brake fluid, vacume bled, lifted the truck at each end so any air might go to the highest point etc, still nothing, has been looked at by two different garages who both say there must be a fault with the booster,
£320for kit, £ 200 on mechanics labour,

I have spoken to cpp today (again) they still tell me i got air in the system,
They have also offered to send me another booster kit but it is my responsibility to pay for the postage, £150,

I feel that i have been very patient with cpp, only to fall trap into a no win situation, i have to pay for postage once again for no fault of my own + the £200 i have paid out to try nd sort this situatio out, When i call cpp i get put on hold for over twenty minuits at international rates, I will be taking legal advice on this tomorrow.
roofingbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:56 PM   #6
leddzepp

I have purchased many parts from CPP with no problems. I guess it helps that I live right down the street from them. I have heard nothing but horror stories about them when it comes to ordering through the mail.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:36 PM   #7
Tater
Cradle Robber

I've never ordered from them,but have read alot of horror stories about them,so I probably never buy from them.

"Hippies.They're everywhere.They wanna save the earth,but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad."Eric Cartman

"Think about how stupid the average person is,and realize half of them are stupider than that."George Carlin
Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 03:30 PM   #8
robin58

The powerbooster I got from cpp was probably the only thing purchased from them I didn't have an issue with. Everything else either had incorrect parts, items missing, wrong part shipped, etc. And like the OP the return shipping aspect became a nuissance.

The final straw dealing with them for me was waiting over 4 months for them to ship something I bought on eBay that was supposed to be a "customer return" yet when I called after 30 days the story was they hadn't received anything back yet from anyone. Never did understand how they got around the eBay rules of only being able to sell what you already own and have in stock but I guess when you're a big retailer like CPP you have some clout.
robin58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:35 PM   #9
71meangreenc10
Its a Truck Thing......

Bought from them,,,got the run around, will NEVER NEVER buy again from them unless they are the last resort.

Smitty
72 Chevy Blazer 4X4, Sloppy Jo, Mountain Climber. Wife says no more trucks. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=707378
72 GMC 1 Ton Motor Home, wife said no more trucks until she saw this one. Gen 3 6.0/4L80E 4.10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=761110
68 GMC Suburban was 3/4 ton, now 1/2.Wife shook her head
71 C30 Wrecker
71 C20 Scott-Bilt As weird as it gets..BB Cheyenne AC Truck
68 GMC Long Stepside. They keep following me home
71 C20 Longhorn/Ole Yellor
69 C30 Former Motor Home, Flat Bed time
71meangreenc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:00 PM   #10
72 SUPER10

never had a problem, ps fill your master and let the calipers gravity bleed and watch the fluid level in the master and dont let it run out ,put a couple of cans thru it. lockem down and pump pedal , in my opinion you still have air, good luck,,vince
72 SUPER10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:42 PM   #11
67slammer

i ran into the same problem a couple of months ago. the adjustable arm from the booster was too short and the person who installed it pushed the pedal to the arm to bolt it up. lost about an inch and a half of pedal and it wouldnt pump up. put in the right booster and it works fine now.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:36 PM   #12
Gene

Just curious, what does CPP stand for? I am thinking of ordering from Classic parts in Kansas City, MO.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:04 AM   #13
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Just curious, what does CPP stand for? I am thinking of ordering from Classic parts in Kansas City, MO.
Classic Performance Products
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:15 AM   #14
Heater63

Placed a simple order to try them out - ordered a simple kit (trailing arm reinforcing plates, U bolts, bushings)

Kit was backordered, then when it did arrive, the bushings and bushing bolts were missing.

The kid that answered the phone when I called was underwhelming in his lack of knowledge and concern. "will have to talk to my manager" really? about sending out the rest of the kit??. I am waiting to see how they respond/; will update.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:18 AM   #15
Heater63

Thumbs down Re: Poor service from cpp

OK, here is the follow up to my above post.
1. They did not follow up with me about my initial call in to report a shorted order, so I had to call a second time.

2. They were unclear of what they included in their kit! I had to email them a picture from their own webpage.

3. They sent out the missing bushings, but guess what?...the bolts were still missing. Another email, some confusion on their end because they were changing the kit, but in the end they sent out the missing bolts.

4. In their defense, they just changed the make up of the kit -they have now removed the bolts from the kit- and the price is lower than competitors- it is a good value, and the kit is good quality..good precise clean plates, and they use name brand poly bushings.

5. Bottom line, it took 2 months, a phone call, and 4 emails to get a simple $100 kit. They are not in control of their business, no QC, YOU will have to watch them very closely.

Last edited by Heater63; 10-16-2009 at 12:39 AM. Reason: grammar
Heater63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:42 AM   #16
Conroe trucker
SWBs: 67 2x4, 67 4x4, 70 4x4

I get great service, what I do is:

1) Call and tell them what they left out, does not work, etc.
2) Call American Express and stop payment
3) Call the next day and tell them I have stopped payment.
4) This usually gets the item from behind customer service and to management, a guy called Mario.
He can make it happen.
5) I have AX and back out any charges not on the initial order.
6) I stop payment if it is short a cotter pin now, with all the crap they cause.

Mike
01 C5 convertable
08 Z06
Conroe trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:21 PM   #17
chevyguys
I Got it BAD!

Wow if you only new the bad experience I have had with this company!!! This is the SHORT version.. Avoid Aaron and Danny at all costs!

1. Order came late and missing the calipers (Purchased their grandslam kit + many other parts. Almost 3k worth!)

2. Called to report missing items was accused of missing them in the boxes. Told to "Check Again" and call back. I did, just to be sure "Again"

4. Called back and was told that I was "mistaken". Nicely argued my point and was told that he would check into it and get back to me. No call all day!

5. Called the next day and asked to speak with a Mgr. Girl answering the phone was NOT professional by any means.

6. Spoke with manager (I Think) who said he would take care of it ASAP and send me tracking number.

7. No tracking number received called mgr again and was told that the shipping manager dropped the ball. Was told he would get the replacement parts out and get me the number himself. (see #6 above)

8. Next day.. (8:00 AM) Nothing. sent email and finally received a bogus number.

9. Next day.. check number again and found that the parts had shipped that morning.

10. Received "poor" quality parts!

Went to assemble the truck and found that the rotor's were not machined and cleaned out properly. They still had the casting material in the grease wells... (looks like metal sand, imagine what that would do to the bearings)

Also purchased control arms with bottom shafts installed upside down and off center. OH YA and cross threaded.

11. Bought parts from local auto parts store... said screw it with CPP.

BEWARE!!! BAD COMPANY.... BAD PEOPLE!!! VERY POOR PRODUCTS!!!!

Last edited by chevyguys; 10-20-2009 at 10:42 AM. Reason: typo's
chevyguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:56 PM   #18
skeeterbug

the parts i have recevied from them seemed of good quality, but always took at least 2 weeks to receive them, and not once did i get the tracking # via email without calling first. will never order from them again wont say much for lmc either!
385 ci 4 bolt (4.040 bore), scat 6.0" forged h beams,scat forged crank 3.750, speed pro 5cc flat top, clevite bearings, .039 head gaskets,comp xr288hr 110* 288/294adv. 236/242@.50 555/576 lift, pbm hyd roller lifters, chad spiers 215cc imp. heads , comp 1.6 roler rockers, comp magnum push rods, edelbrock victor jr. single plane intake p&p (1206 gasket matched), quickfuel 750R DP , th 350 trans, 5.14 gear, 3000 stall

2012 best 1/8- 7.70 @ 87mph 1.70 60' (lil better)
2013 best 7.39
2014 best-7.38

New for 2013-strange rear coilovers, headman 1-3/4 headers, 5.13 r&p, .060 aluminum bed floor, 15x14 holeshots w/ 31x18.5 hoosier dot pro's, 15x4 holeshots w/ 26x5.5 m/t skinnies and 200+#'s in body weight loss & 6 point cage
skeeterbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:48 AM   #19
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

They spend all their money on those "fancy" magazine ads.
Buyers beware!

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote