The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-18-2010, 06:47 PM   #1
TennesseeZ
Countdown Survivor

GREAT C/S at TCI Automotive!

The transmission/shift kit people.

I ordered a valve body kit way back early 2009 for the Yukon, before I could get it in work got in the way, and I never got it installed. I had, however, opened the packs to inspect the parts. It sat neatly in my office in the original box, waiting for me to get home and install it.

Then, my wife decided she needed that particular box to ship me some stuff in Nebraska. When I got home, some of the parts were missing, the rest scattered.

Tuesday 3/16/10 I read the instructions, parts list, and found out what was missing. There are 4 springs, and 2 drill bits. Two large springs and 2 small. I was missing both large, one small spring, and both drill bits. Called TCI Customer Service. Got a real, live technician in a matter of minutes. No voicemail, no phone tag, just a real live person who had all the answers. Explained my problem, and told him what I was missing. He said he could replace everything no problem.

Now that was good, but here's the best part:
The total for all the parts was like $6.XX. Six bucks and change. That's shipped. In my experience, shipping alone is usually more than that!
That was Tuesday. The UPS man delivered the box this morning! (Thursday)

I wish I had written the C/S rep's name down, but did not.

I just want to give these people some well deserved kudos, and spread the word about a great product and company. I have used their kits before, and they are the only ones I use now.

I just don't see how anyone could ask for more.

A MAN OF HONOR DOES NOT LIE, CHEAT, OR STEAL, NOR TOLERATE THOSE WHO DO.

Gettin' old ain't for sissies.

Last edited by TennesseeZ; 03-18-2010 at 07:04 PM.
TennesseeZ is offline   Reply With Quote