The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-05-2019, 09:45 AM   #1
Steve@Ridetech.com

1988-1998 C1500 Lowered Suspension System

New high-performance coilover and air ride suspension for 88-98 C1500. The highlight of the system is a Wishbone rear suspension that works with two lower links to control rear suspension movement. The Wishbone attaches to a custom bolt-on tubular rear crossmember/C-notch. Ride quality and handling are significantly improved as compared to leaf springs or anything else on the market. It's that good.
This is a complete, fully-adjustable conversion system with tubular A-arms, custom-tuned HQ Series coilovers, and a MUSCLEbar™ front sway bar. You can tweak shock dampening and ride height to your liking. The air suspension setup is a little different with separate air springs/shocks up front due to packaging.

Read the article and watch the video: https://www.ridetech.com/info/muscle...c1500-pickups/

Ridetech.com Suspension Systems and Parts for Trucks
Email: sales AT ridetech.com
Steve@Ridetech.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 12:22 PM   #2
Stormin08

Re: 1988-1998 C1500 Lowered Suspension System

hopefully you will offer it in a modular form...

i would love the following...
front upper/lower control arms, muscle bar...currently running a shock wave up front (yes you read that correctly), have been for 10 yrs.

rear cross member and wish bone...currently running KP 6 link, but want to ditch the panhard for full exhaust clearance out both sides

possibly add a matching fox rear shock to my current setup.
Stormin08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 01:52 PM   #3
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Truck stance looks pretty good. Thanks for the link.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 03:32 AM   #4
EVRLET

So in terms of dropped stance, how much in inches is the drop. Is it like a 4/6 drop? I get you have adjustability from the coilovers, but I’m curious on how much drop you can obtain. I’m at a 4/8 drop, so would this system even allow you to get that low in the rear?
Old 08-06-2019, 08:52 AM   #5
Steve@Ridetech.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVRLET View Post
So in terms of dropped stance, how much in inches is the drop. Is it like a 4/6 drop? I get you have adjustability from the coilovers, but I’m curious on how much drop you can obtain. I’m at a 4/8 drop, so would this system even allow you to get that low in the rear?
It's a 4/6 drop. Since these old trucks start out at different ride heights, we prefer to state where the wheel arch heights end up with a given wheel/tire package. We'll get those measurements and reply here. Obviously a taller wheel and tire will raise that measurement.

If you want to go the euqivalent of an 8" drop for looks, but still have towing capacity and proper compression travel, our air ride system with rear Shockwaves is probably the best way to go. You'll get all that plus full performance at 4/6 drop.

Thanks for askin'
Steve

Ridetech.com Suspension Systems and Parts for Trucks
Email: sales AT ridetech.com
Steve@Ridetech.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 02:34 PM   #6
shifty
Questionable

Two questions for you:

1) The choice of using Delrin, was RT aware Delrin essentially destroyed Simplex's business because they opted to use Delrin in their mechanical bike parts, within years it would become brittle, crumble, and break? Curious what measures RT took to ensure longevity in the Delrin used for this application, why it would last longer, and if the same warranty as offered on the shocks will apply to the Delrin sleeves and joints.

2) What are we looking at MSRP-wise for a full buy-in as installed on the red test truck, $2800-$3200 range?

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote