The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-10-2019, 09:22 AM   #151
TKCR

Re: 1987 R10...aka Belushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlped View Post
Yeah man! It was totally a surprise. She was only 7-1/2 yrs old She developed an autoimmune response after getting her vaccinations in May, kinda like lupus in humans. She just couldn’t tolerate anything stressful. Heat=bad stressful and I’m in the humid & hot Alabama. We kept her in the house just about all the time, but just couldn’t overcome. She was absolutely the most phenomenal buddy I’ve ever had.
We had this happen with one our favorite cats, Noodles was 5 yrs old. We had taken all of them in for an update on Vaccinations. We noticed he was very lethargic after coming home from the vet. We took him right back and the Vet said it was a reaction to the vaccines. It was causing his kidneys & liver to fail. He would give us a bag of saline, to give Noodles intravenously, to keep him hydrated. He said he would pass away within the week. Now don’t roll your eyes, but we took him to a acupuncture vet. It did something! He let out a yowl and peed a huge puddle of pee and he obviously felt better. We took him back to the Vet and he said, his kidneys had actually increased in size, more back to normal. He called it a miracle, because kidneys don’t grow back. So the acupuncture most have really done something, it extended his life for another 2 yrs, and they were good years. But we made the decision then, that if he started to deteriorate again, we would let nature take its course. And that is what happened at the end of those 2 years. It was so hard to say goodbye to such a unique cat. Noodles was literally everyone’s favorite cat. He behaved much like a dog does. People would say Noodles was a dog in a “cats” clothing. The pic is Noodles and our black lab, Lacy. They were best buds!
Attached Images

TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 04:39 PM   #152
nlped

Tina, that’s a cool story! I woulda done just about anything to keep her here. It was so FaST

1968 Chevy SWB Fleet... Walt

1963-1/2 Ford Falcon Futura...Martha
nlped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:57 PM   #153
nlped

I got a little bit of time this evening in the shop to add one new piece to the truck. I didn’t care for the unfinished look up front, so I put the lower bumper wind deflector back on. I went with the 4wd one because it’s just a little bit lower looking. The pictures aren’t good, but here are a before and after
Attached Images

Old 07-10-2019, 09:13 PM   #154
TKCR

Looks better for sure.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:29 PM   #155
nlped

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
Looks better for sure.
Thanks Tina. I’m going to attempt the headliner this weekend...wish me luck. If I locate some material

Last edited by nlped; 07-10-2019 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:00 PM   #156
TKCR

Quote:
Thanks Tina. I’m going to attempt the headliner this weekend...wish me luck. If I locate some material
JoAnn Fabrics usually carries headliner material, but mainly Tan & Grey. Yours is Blue, you may have to order it.
https://www.usa1industries.com/1973-...rial-only.html
https://www.yourautotrim.com/auothead.html

Last edited by TKCR; 07-10-2019 at 11:08 PM.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:23 AM   #157
nlped

Thanks Tina. I got some material ordered and it should be here either tomorrow or Saturday at the latest, so hopefully I’ll get the headliner redone this weekend. #fingerscrossed#

Old 07-12-2019, 08:48 PM   #158
nlped

I finally got around to replacing the belts (4 D@mn belts) tonight. What a PITA!!! Whoever came up with the serpentine setup should get a Nobel prize!!! Only the p/s pump belt looked bad...but it’s the most inboard belt!!! So I replaced them all. The new Gates belts seem to actually fit the 3 v-groove locations better than the previous belts. The alternator is actually a 5-rib serp style belt and it was fine, but damn not replacing it.
Attached Images

Last edited by nlped; 07-12-2019 at 09:52 PM.
Old 07-13-2019, 12:50 AM   #159
nlped

I also got the fabric for the headliner and the adhesive. So my mission for tomorrow is gonna be getting the headliner redone.

Old 07-13-2019, 03:48 PM   #160
nlped

I got all the upper trim piece out and will give them a really good cleaning before reinstall. I also got the headliner out, old fabric stripped and cleaned all the old adhesive off, but the “board” is a bit fragile, so I’m going to do some repairs around the interior light, visor mounting locations and a few thin spots before I recover it. I need to get some resin and fiberglass matte to fix ‘er up.
Attached Images

Old 07-13-2019, 09:28 PM   #161
Ad Cam

Quote:
I got all the upper trim piece out and will give them a really good cleaning before reinstall. I also got the headliner out, old fabric stripped and cleaned all the old adhesive off, but the “board” is a bit fragile, so I’m going to do some repairs around the interior light, visor mounting locations and a few thin spots before I recover it. I need to get some resin and fiberglass matte to fix ‘er up.
I have to do this as well. Would love to see how you fix the areas around the visor holes (mine is torn up as well.) I'm using your truck as inspiration to get mine done!
Ad Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 09:18 AM   #162
TKCR

Quote:
Mine was like this too, around the visors. If I remember right, I used foil tape to fill the gap and to give the headliner material something to stick to. And also folded the excess material around the edges, to give it more stability. Once it is back in the truck, with the visors & trim installed, it’s just fine. There really isn’t that much headliner that is exposed in that area.
Attached Images

Old 07-16-2019, 07:51 PM   #163
nlped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad Cam View Post
I have to do this as well. Would love to see how you fix the areas around the visor holes (mine is torn up as well.) I'm using your truck as inspiration to get mine done!
I don’t have any pictures yet, but I’m doing fiberglass matte across the back where any cracks or weak spots are. I did the first pass last night, and most of the spots “cooperated”, but I decided the areas around the visors needed another layer. I’ll reassess tomorrow night and decide if I got enough on or more is needed.

Quote:
Mine was like this too, around the visors. If I remember right, I used foil tape to fill the gap and to give the headliner material something to stick to. And also folded the excess material around the edges, to give it more stability. Once it is back in the truck, with the visors & trim installed, it’s just fine. There really isn’t that much headliner that is exposed in that area.
I know there’s not much in that area, but mine was actually broken off on both sides. It was broken around the interior light too. My thought is: I have $60 in materials so far...if I can end up with a good headliner, GREAT! If it is a fail, I have enough extra material, so I’ll get one of the ABS plastic replacement ones and recover it.

Old 07-17-2019, 10:42 AM   #164
TKCR

Quote:
I know there’s not much in that area, but mine was actually broken off on both sides. It was broken around the interior light too. My thought is: I have $60 in materials so far...if I can end up with a good headliner, GREAT! If it is a fail, I have enough extra material, so I’ll get one of the ABS plastic replacement ones and recover it.
I think you’ll be fine. Even with the dome light area, once the trim & light is back in, there’s hardly any headliner that shows. I was afraid of that too, with mine, because of those areas being broke. I also thought the same thing, if it didn’t work, I would get an ABS headliner. But it came out just fine.
Old 07-17-2019, 07:31 PM   #165
nlped

Quote:
I think you’ll be fine. Even with the dome light area, once the trim & light is back in, there’s hardly any headliner that shows. I was afraid of that too, with mine, because of those areas being broke. I also thought the same thing, if it didn’t work, I would get an ABS headliner. But it came out just fine.
Tina, that’s GREAT news. I’m going to work on it again tomorrow night.

Old 07-20-2019, 04:40 PM   #166
nlped

Well, I had some time last evening before the Brad Paisley concert to get the headliner material placed. I went out this morning and trimmed the visor and interior light holes and got the headliner installed. It looks like new! I’m really very pleased with how it turned out!

Another big shout out to Tina (aka TKCR) for the help & motivation to tackle this, as interior work is not my favorite.
Attached Images

Old 07-20-2019, 04:44 PM   #167
nlped

Now all I’ve got left to do is clean, detail and such under the hood. Then I’ll either drive it or sell it for the next one...

Old 07-20-2019, 07:38 PM   #168
mongocanfly
Post Whore

headliner looks great Carter..!!

RIP Dad
RIP Jesse

1981 C30 LQ9 NV4500..http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753598
Mongos AD- LS3 TR6060...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...34#post8522334
Columbus..the 1957 IH 4x4...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63#post8082563
2023 Chevy Z71..daily driver
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 08:12 PM   #169
Ad Cam

Quote:
Well, I had some time last evening before the Brad Paisley concert to get the headliner material placed. I went out this morning and trimmed the visor and interior light holes and got the headliner installed. It looks like new! I’m really very pleased with how it turned out!

Another big shout out to Tina (aka TKCR) for the help & motivation to tackle this, as interior work is not my favorite.
What adhesive did you use?
Ad Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 08:23 PM   #170
nlped

Quote:
After some experimenting, I liked how the 3M headliner adhesive worked.

Old 07-20-2019, 08:23 PM   #171
nlped

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
headliner looks great Carter..!!
Thanks Greg. I’m really very pleased with the end results

Old 07-20-2019, 09:09 PM   #172
TKCR

Quote:

Looks great! You did good! How was the concert?

Quote:
This is what I use on all my headliners.
Attached Images

Old 07-20-2019, 10:48 PM   #173
nlped

Quote:
Looks great! You did good! How was the concert?
It was really great! That skinny little fella can put on a show!

Old 07-21-2019, 09:21 AM   #174
TKCR

Quote:
It was really great! That skinny little fella can put on a show!
Sounds like you had fun then. I’m not much of a Country fan, but there are a few songs that I hear, from time to time, that I like from Country singers. I know Kid Rock is not really considered Country, maybe a little of the “new” Country. But I really like this song & video. Probably because of the old trucks & cars, lol.

https://youtu.be/WTCnno-3EGE
Old 07-22-2019, 04:00 PM   #175
nlped

Quote:
Sounds like you had fun then. I’m not much of a Country fan, but there are a few songs that I hear, from time to time, that I like from Country singers. I know Kid Rock is not really considered Country, maybe a little of the “new” Country. But I really like this song & video. Probably because of the old trucks & cars, lol.

https://youtu.be/WTCnno-3EGE
It was a good time. I can listen to any kind of music...well, almost. I’m not much on jazz or classical. We’re going to see Jimmy Buffett in a few weeks and that’ll be quite a ShOw. I like the Kid Rock video too.