The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-14-2019, 02:38 PM   #51
Ken O.

Re: Weird stuff that you do.

I hate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I like Peanut butter, I like Jelly, just not together. Blech. Don't care for peanuts and chocolate together either. I guess it's the salty/sweet thing at the same time? If I was stranded on an island with only coconuts to eat I'd starve to death.
Ken O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 11:20 AM   #52
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken O. View Post
I hate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I like Peanut butter, I like Jelly, just not together. Blech. Don't care for peanuts and chocolate together either. I guess it's the salty/sweet thing at the same time? If I was stranded on an island with only coconuts to eat I'd starve to death.
My wife HATES peanut butter. But she loves peanuts. Go figure. I keep telling her that it's the same thing. But she won't go near peanut butter.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 03:45 PM   #53
Daubs

Stopped drinking caffeine in high school...and soda/pop shortly after that (I'm 52 now).

I have had exactly one "coffee" in my entire life...exchange student got me an iced coffee to be nice...I drank it all...hated every minute of it!

Love mayonnaise and spicy mustard mix...It's great on all things "meat."

Will not eat watermelon or liver. Everything else is fair game...kids call me the human vacuum.

Write down and calculate gallons of fuel, miles, and MPG for every tank of gas. And keep all the records...even have a huge excel spreadsheet for my truck...

When I go to bed at night, sleep on my stomach. Don't snore, sleep well, pretty standard.

I can "power-nap" at any point during the day...for that, I sleep on my back. Wife claims I'm out in "three-two-one...you are fish-breathing!" Wake up naturally in 15-20 minutes, completely refreshed, ready to go.
Old 08-15-2019, 05:59 PM   #54
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

I like the sound of that Mayo/ Spicy mustard mix. Although I've had a bad experience mixing the two.
I made egg salad sandwiches and thought that I would step them up. I'm like a mad scientist in the kitchen. I used Colemans Mustard which is very strong.
My wife spit it out the first bite and threw her sandwich on the plate.
My friend ate his, but said that he wouldn't be eating it if he wasn't starving.
Not really great reviews.
Truth be told. They didn't turn out well.Sometimes upping the ante doesn't work out that well.
My wife would poke fun at me over those sandwiches. But last week she completely destroyed some short ribs. Which gives me plenty of ammunition.
All I have say is. "Hey honey short ribs" And the jokes stop.
Case closed.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:21 AM   #55
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I have to admit that I do some weird things. Nothing too crazy. Just weird.

For instance I wrap bedsheets around my neck when I sleep.
The reason... When I was a kid I watched some vampire movie and it scared the living cr@p out of me. So I wrapped up my neck. Now obviously I'm not worried about vampires anymore. But I am so used to sleeping that way that I still do it. I sleep better.

I've had wives/girlfriends ask me if I was nuts. Maybe I am. But it works for me.

I also eat cheeseburgers for breakfast. Then bacon and eggs for dinner. I seem to have this backwards.

I put mustard on french fries. Not Ketchup.

I also read magazines backwards. I always start on the last page and move forward.

I'm just curious if anyone else has some weird quirks. Or am I the only nut job?
Ha ha....

I spent many nights under the covers with a tiny breathe hole. I wrapped up in a cocoon tightly. Now just the more blankets the merrier. I worked graveyard in the 80s, and the kid across the street liked basketball.
So I was introduced to ear plugs, and now I "need" them to sleep nights.

I discovered an odd trait tearing down and rebuilding my Chevy. I realized late in the game I had always done the RH side first.

When I do something new to me, I find on occasion I do it wrong just to see why it's wrong Sometimes I'm weird that way, I like to understand things beginning to end sometimes that's good, sometimes bad.

My father introduced a peanut butter and slice of cheese sandwich, on white bread. He was a lousy cook, but don't knock it until you've tried it. When I was kid I liked peanut butter on hot dogs. Seems I tried that recently to see I haven't been missing anything. I liked things burnt (still like em crisp). None of my foods were allowed to touch, and I wouldn't use the same utensil with two different foods, too gross man.

I had a Charlie McCarthy ventriloquist when young. For a time he got the food my mother forced me to eat. I had a Smokey the Bear stuffed animal. I lit his badge on fire, probably just to see if he'd put it out. I lit more than a few things on fire then. When I was 4-5 I met at the police station, where the detective told me I couldn't bring my stuffed rabbit to prison. So I was rehabilitated, at least until I turned 10. Army men required some fireworks during important battles

Ha ha at a few above. I'm still reading them. I won't wear flip flops either, can't stand em. Their only use is inside a public shower. I like mid-top shoes and slippers. Speak of public showers and that, I will NOT **** in a public toilet outside emergency. No thank you, I feel bad for women. I do camp on occasion, and I prefer an RV. Still, I won't use my trailer less using bag inside the toilet, and if I have to sit on one of their public I bring my seat and toilet paper...Ha! So if you ever see a guy carrying a laptop bag into a camp toilet, that's probably me. It aint a laptop, but pretty close.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote