The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 12:31 PM   #51
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Do you spend much time thinking about ...

I live in a valley, the night sky is very clear.

About 4 years ago I stepped outside to take a leak and smoke a cig. I was facing North doing my business. My peripheral vision caught a bright light at about 20 degrees east. At a glance it appeared similar a low flying aircraft about 1/4-3 miles away. I believe it was stationary, and may have just become bright which caught my attention. I'd have thought nothing of it, but..........

I watched it take off 70-75 degrees to the north. What appeared as a low flying aircraft was instantly as bright as a jet plane at 30K feet. Next the light appeared like a satellite, though a different trajectory. I had a visual on the entire sequence until it appeared well beyond the atmosphere and gone. That was a span of about 6-7 seconds.

1. We don't have anything that fast. Or at least not that we know of. This made rockets look very slow.

2. It didn't make a sound, which rubs science the wrong way. Some suggest this may have reflected another dimension.

3. Other than for a short span, we don't have anything powerful enough for a trajectory of 70-75 degrees.

I don't know if aliens are visiting our planet, though I suspect so. I do know there are things going on we know nothing about.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
Old 09-19-2019, 09:23 AM   #52
made2drag

My take is this.... I think there is life on other planets but nothing as advanced as we are. Aliens and spaceships were dreamt up by si fi in the 50's and ever ytime we hear about landings and sightings it always falls in line with stereotypical alien culture we've made up in our minds as being advanced. Area 51 holds the answers to whether or not aliens have been physically proven or not. The thing i do think about most is whether ghosts are real or only in the mind? The biggest roadblock for me is how an invisible type spirit can move solid matter or how an invisible type spirit can make noise without having a way to make sound waves. I can maybe see how visually someone might be able to see a ghost. There are plenty of sightings that many people can all agree on that kind of verify theyre real.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:32 AM   #53
Ironworking

Quote:
Originally Posted by made2drag View Post
My take is this.... I think there is life on other planets but nothing as advanced as we are. Aliens and spaceships were dreamt up by si fi in the 50's and ever ytime we hear about landings and sightings it always falls in line with stereotypical alien culture we've made up in our minds as being advanced. Area 51 holds the answers to whether or not aliens have been physically proven or not. The thing i do think about most is whether ghosts are real or only in the mind? The biggest roadblock for me is how an invisible type spirit can move solid matter or how an invisible type spirit can make noise without having a way to make sound waves. I can maybe see how visually someone might be able to see a ghost. There are plenty of sightings that many people can all agree on that kind of verify theyre real.
Well, no one can convince me that ghost do not exist. I know for a fact they do! I could sit here for an hour and give the numerous examples. Have to much to do today for that. Here's to you and here's to me. May we never disagree. But, if we do; here's to me and here's to you.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:41 AM   #54
1976gmc20

I spend more time thinking about @$$holes, morons, and addicts.

I know they exist

// rant off for today I guess
1958 Chevy C-60; 1965 GMC C-50; 1965 Chevy C-10; 1971 Chevy K-10; 1973 Chevy K-20; 1976 GMC C-20; 1977 Chevy C-10 Suburban; 1980 Chevy K-10; 1989 Chevy K1500; 1991 GMC V1500 Suburban; 2016 Chevy K2500 HD

Other vehicles: 1988 Jeep XJ; 2011 Toyota 4Runner
Old 09-19-2019, 06:53 PM   #55
Ironworking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 View Post
I spend more time thinking about @$$holes, morons, and addicts.

I know they exist

// rant off for today I guess
LMAO! Yes they do!
Old 09-22-2019, 08:09 AM   #56
shifty
Questionable

No doubt there are other life forms out there, if not in our universe they certainly exist in another adjacent universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
So many recently declassified videos from the military that shows UFOs pretty much doing whatever they want on the fighter cameras.
Interesting how suddenly on the civilian side, everyone's got a camera on them (phone) all the time, we have dash cams in their cars, on their houses, on every major road and even on traffic lights, yet ... we have less sightings? Except from the military, who has the most sophisticated technology. Doesn't compute, eh?

Or maybe there's a very logical explanation. The same place the more sophisticated videos are coming from are the source of the UFOs. We all know the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing in our military - it's what happens everywhere institutional. They're the ones making those crafts and have evolved them along with our personal tech, making them more sophisticated based on early (pre-camera-everywhere) reports from civilians and sightings from other departments of the military.

We dump a bajillion dollars into our military every year. With virtually unlimited funds and hiring a bunch of Einsteins, what do you think they're going to be able to do? We allocate so much money towards our military/defense yearly, just re-allocating 1/10th of those funds would probably be enough to pay for 4 years of community college for every citizen in this country :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfire84 View Post
If there so advanced then why do they keep crashing into the earth? Are they student drivers? Are they texting and flying? Are they putting on there makeup? Let's not go to the female driving aspect.
Because it's not aliens, aliens have had this technology forever! They could care less about what us violent, obnoxious creatures are doing and if they have tech so advanced they could come here from across the universe, they damn sure don't need to fly to our planet to observe it, they can use that advanced tech to monitor every last bit from afar.

UFOs keep crashing into the earth because that's exactly what happens when you experiment with new technology. First time I flew a drone it was mostly foreign to me. Even though I raced RC cars as a kid, I must've crashed it about 500 times in the stupidest ways on my first day. Within a week I was pretty proficient. But still crashed it. When I upgraded to a newer/larger drone, crashed it a number of times the first week too. Now apply that same concept but with constantly-evolving experimental tech from groups with 1,000,000,000 times more money and exponentially more brainpower

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:28 PM   #57
made2drag

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty View Post
No doubt there are other life forms out there, if not in our universe they certainly exist in another adjacent universe.

Interesting how suddenly on the civilian side, everyone's got a camera on them (phone) all the time, we have dash cams in their cars, on their houses, on every major road and even on traffic lights, yet ... we have less sightings? Except from the military, who has the most sophisticated technology. Doesn't compute, eh?

Or maybe there's a very logical explanation. The same place the more sophisticated videos are coming from are the source of the UFOs. We all know the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing in our military - it's what happens everywhere institutional. They're the ones making those crafts and have evolved them along with our personal tech, making them more sophisticated based on early (pre-camera-everywhere) reports from civilians and sightings from other departments of the military.

We dump a bajillion dollars into our military every year. With virtually unlimited funds and hiring a bunch of Einsteins, what do you think they're going to be able to do? We allocate so much money towards our military/defense yearly, just re-allocating 1/10th of those funds would probably be enough to pay for 4 years of community college for every citizen in this country :p

Because it's not aliens, aliens have had this technology forever! They could care less about what us violent, obnoxious creatures are doing and if they have tech so advanced they could come here from across the universe, they damn sure don't need to fly to our planet to observe it, they can use that advanced tech to monitor every last bit from afar.

UFOs keep crashing into the earth because that's exactly what happens when you experiment with new technology. First time I flew a drone it was mostly foreign to me. Even though I raced RC cars as a kid, I must've crashed it about 500 times in the stupidest ways on my first day. Within a week I was pretty proficient. But still crashed it. When I upgraded to a newer/larger drone, crashed it a number of times the first week too. Now apply that same concept but with constantly-evolving experimental tech from groups with 1,000,000,000 times more money and exponentially more brainpower
show me a website or video with proof of aliens.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:35 PM   #58
Ironworking

Quote:
I will not believe in aliens one minute before they land and come sit down for coffee at my kitchen counter. If they don't drink coffee; they can carry their a$$es back to where ever they came from! LOL
Old 09-25-2019, 04:32 PM   #59
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
Show me a recent picture of God. Yep, yet another case of "just because you don't see things with your own eyes doesn't mean they don't exist and thus you can't believe in them".

Just like atoms, the primary building blocks of life, humans spent millennia being unable to see these because the tech never existed to observe their existence. Didn't mean they weren't there all along.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
Old 09-26-2019, 10:27 AM   #60
made2drag

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty View Post
Show me a recent picture of God. Yep, yet another case of "just because you don't see things with your own eyes doesn't mean they don't exist and thus you can't believe in them".

Just like atoms, the primary building blocks of life, humans spent millennia being unable to see these because the tech never existed to observe their existence. Didn't mean they weren't there all along.
Aliens aren't God. You cant validate aliens using the definition of faith. Either they exist or they don't. God can be felt thru the Holy Spirit and seen through miracles that happen everyday. The fact that you're reading this is evidence God exists. In order to have a beginning from nothing- to start something in which we call the universe, there had to be a Creator outside of time, space and matter to "create" it. This is the definition of God, whether He be defined by the God of the Bible or God in another sense, an infinite being created it. God would also be the creator of other life and would be the creator of an alien. So give me evidence aliens exist. If they are made up of matter and have been seen, show me the pictures or video evidence to back it up. Photos in the past have been explained away by glitches in either the camera or photo processing. If there was one account with evidence that could be proven without a doubt, it would be all over the news and in a museum right now.
Old 09-26-2019, 10:38 AM   #61
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Now this thread has taken a turn. Three pages of comments isn't bad though before the inevitable happened.

There was always the chance of politics and religion because of the subject matter and varied belief systems people have.

Im not sure if I should delete it or ask to have it closed before it completely goes away from the lets have fun with this to the name calling and bad feelings.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
Closed Thread