The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-13-2019, 12:51 PM   #1
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Need some advice from you guys on what size truck to buy

.I sold my duramax truck and travel trailer thinking I would not be using it any more and since then the wife is on much better medications for her Fibro and RA that has helped her a lot ,,so we are
getting back into camping and also taking the camper with us to California when visiting our son and wife and new grandson ,,we plan on staying a month while there ,,so want our own little home while there...

With the durmax I could pull freight cars I believe but now I do not want a diesel rig ,,, I want something lighter for a truck . Whats your advice for a truck pulling this used travel trailer I have shown here

We bought a 2017 Ultra Lite travel trailer last evening and it is a 23 foot (bumper to tongue measurments) 4471 lbs dry weight, hitch weight 507 libs with dual axles

And now we need to buy a truck
I do think that the newer trucks are beafier than the old one I had in 1973 ,,just not sure how much more

What do think I should get to pull this trailer comfortably for hills to climb and hills to hold the trailer back to go down

I am want to buy a 2014 used truck ..(within our price range) prefer a GMC
4 door short box
Questions are this
1500 ?
2500?

1500 with a 5.3 liter gas or a 6.liter gas
2500 with a 5.3 liter gas or a 6.liter gas

With or without 4/4.. if you think this has factor with the extra weight in the truck for maybe more controling of the weight of the trailer..??

I once had a 24 foot trailer years ago 1975 and it pushed me right out into the middle of a cross street when pulling it with my 1973 Chevy 350 ,, the trailer loaded was around 8000 lbs or more,, going to fast was the main problem .. but I think it was to small a truck also to handle the weight of the trailer.. my first trailer pull
Old 08-13-2019, 01:32 PM   #2
67C10Step

Re: Need some advice from you guys on what size truck to buy

I my opinion if you are purchasing primarily to pull that travel trailer I would go 2500 with the 6.0 liter. I had a 2013 5.3 1500 4x4 and now have a 2017 5.3 4x4. While I like both the trucks, if it were a more dedicated hauler I'd want something better designed for it.
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 01:35 PM   #3
bs46488

I would suggest a 6.0 2500 extended cab with a long bed. I know it wasn't what you specified but that's my input.

I'll admit that I own a 4 door half-ton with the 5.4 motor (you can fill in the make and model). I have young kids and its great to have the 4 doors to get them in and out of the truck.

However as a "Truck" this thing is completely useless:

- The shortbed is too short that you can't transport anything. My wife bought patio furniture the other day and I almost had to make 2 trips because it didn't fit
- Any heavy weight in the bed and the suspension sags and the steering gets all light on the road
- Even just the weight of an empty trailer causes the suspension to sag and messes with the steering.

The engine is powerful enough to increase your towing capacity and it can pull the weight. I just feel that the truck is too light and I don't feel comfortable on the road for long distance.

1970 Nova: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=708161
bs46488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 01:57 PM   #4
Killer Bee

since you already had the ideal pulling truck, you know the obvious answer..

but if you're looking for cheap, light, and comfort, 1/2t will handle that 4500lb rig all day no problem..

to make your tow as safe as possible, I recommend brakes on both trailer axles.. they usually only have them on the rear, have a local trailer outfit install one on the front.. weaker brakes is the biggest downfall I see with lighter trucks towing.. although at 4500lbs you'll be well withing safe limits on a 1/2t, extra braking over mountains and steep grades is a nice safety factor, especially for only a $2-300 axle..

I also recommend a good controller, if the truck you buy doesn't already have an OEM installed, prodigy is one of the best out there..

this is an old '02 GMC 1500 with 5.3, towed ~7500lbs frequently from baja to mojave no problem other than predictable trans which made it to around 120k miles and still drove to trans garage..

mine being early, also had the weak heads that both cracked and started drinking a gallon of coolant a week.. cheaper for me to replace the engine than both heads on 150k mile engine so swapped it.. but even with both heads pouring coolant out, drove it to father in laws shop in henderson 90 mph in 115 degree heat only stopping for gas once and water three times

at 190k miles, still drive it daily.. paid off in '04 and that was the last car payment I'll ever have

bottom line is they have plenty of power and longevity with sensible driving, normal person probably could easily double my results

good luck!

Old 08-13-2019, 02:48 PM   #5
GOPAPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67C10Step View Post
I my opinion if you are purchasing primarily to pull that travel trailer I would go 2500 with the 6.0 liter. I had a 2013 5.3 1500 4x4 and now have a 2017 5.3 4x4. While I like both the trucks, if it were a more dedicated hauler I'd want something better designed for it.
I like your 1500 5.3 4x4 but to be clear ..Are you saying that a 2500 would be a better hauler? Or 4x4 or both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs46488 View Post
I would suggest a 6.0 2500 extended cab with a long bed. I know it wasn't what you specified but that's my input.

I was thinking maybe a 6.0 4 door ,,thats if I get convinced the 5.3 will bring me over the hills coming up from the Snake River Canyons .

I'll admit that I own a 4 door half-ton with the 5.4 motor (you can fill in the make and model). I have young kids and its great to have the 4 doors to get them in and out of the truck.

However as a "Truck" this thing is completely useless:

- The shortbed is too short that you can't transport anything. My wife bought patio furniture the other day and I almost had to make 2 trips because it didn't fit
- Any heavy weight in the bed and the suspension sags and the steering gets all light on the road
- Even just the weight of an empty trailer causes the suspension to sag and messes with the steering.

The engine is powerful enough to increase your towing capacity and it can pull the weight. I just feel that the truck is too light and I don't feel comfortable on the road for long distance.
Would air bags take care of this problem ..the cost $500 but to go to a 2500 is more than the price of airbags when just pulling the travel trailer.. what do you think about this ? I really do not know

[QUOTE=Killer Bee;8575575]since you already had the ideal pulling truck, you know the obvious answer..

but if you're looking for cheap, light, and comfort, 1/2t will handle that 4500lb rig all day no problem..

to make your tow as safe as possible, I recommend brakes on both trailer axles.. they usually only have them on the rear, have a local trailer outfit install one on the front.. weaker brakes is the biggest downfall I see with lighter trucks towing.. although at 4500lbs you'll be well withing safe limits on a 1/2t, extra braking over mountains and steep grades is a nice safety factor, especially for only a $2-300 axle..

I also recommend a good controller, if the truck you buy doesn't already have an OEM installed, prodigy is one of the best out there..

How do I know if the truck is already built with a controller in it? Is this an option that I would have to read up on or is the controller visable under the dash ?

good luck!

[
Old 08-13-2019, 03:56 PM   #6
Killer Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
How do I know if the truck is already built with a controller in it? Is this an option that I would have to read up on or is the controller visable under the dash ?
the OEMs may vary but this is an example I pulled off the internet supposedly 2014 Chevy..

I suspect they are predominantly installed by OEM with tow packages but I'm not sure what years, models, etc..

eta, pic above not showing on my phone? this is in my 2012 gmc 2500hd work truck

this is what I installed in my '02 and it works great.. controls up to 8 brakes [4 axles], easily adjusts, has brake boost mode button, digital display brake voltage, etc..

look at amazon, etrailer, etc, hundreds of 5 star reviews, definitely my top choice if not OEM equipped..

this popped up in my search BEST BRAKE CONTROLLER REVIEWS – TOP-PICKS

good luck!

Last edited by Killer Bee; 08-13-2019 at 04:40 PM. Reason: add pic
Killer Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 04:00 PM   #7
67C10Step

My 1500 5.3 4x4 would pull that 4500 lb trailer fine and it has a factory (adjustable) brake controller. I am always more concerned on the woah over the go so trailer brakes are a necessity. However, I think the 5.3 is lacking in the torque category and the 6 liter makes up a bit for that. In the hills or mountains you would not regret the larger engine.

Also, for pulling the rear suspension on the 2500 is more than enough to handle the load but is your trailer 4500 listed on the nameplate? Your actual, loaded weight will most likely be a good bit more than that once you get it loaded with all your travelling needs.

If you are going to drive the truck more without the trailer perhaps you would like the lighter truck better. If it's primary purpose is to pull your loaded trailer, I still like the 2500 option.
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 04:04 PM   #8
Killer Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
Would air bags take care of this problem ..the cost $500 but to go to a 2500 is more than the price of airbags when just pulling the travel trailer.. what do you think about this ? I really do not know
I also installed air bags when I lifted it back close to when it was new.. go stuck too many times just getting to camp so had to put a little more ground clearance under it..

the air bags work great! 10psi per 100lbs lift.. I opted for simple valve stems under rear bumper but onboard compressors with gauges etc. readily available..

air bags are great for adjusting heavier loads and leveling out.. even heavier trucks could take advantage of this but often overlooked..

this would have been rough without airbags.. and mine are old and don't hold very well very long but made this trip down the mountain from ojai to orange county much less stressful

level wheel wells on truck and trailer sail much smoother!

good luck!

Old 08-13-2019, 05:12 PM   #9
cypressbog
Go Pack Go!

I hate spending others money, but since you asked...I'm in the same situation and decided to buy a 1/2 ton Ram with the Hemi. What we think we're getting for a trailer is quite similar to yours. Plan to use a weight distributing hitch and make sure both trailer axles have brakes. If there's an upgrade to the truck brakes be sure to spend that money.
cypressbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 06:20 PM   #10
GOPAPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67C10Step View Post
My 1500 5.3 4x4 would pull that 4500 lb trailer fine and it has a factory (adjustable) brake controller. I am always more concerned on the woah over the go so trailer brakes are a necessity. However, I think the 5.3 is lacking in the torque category and the 6 liter makes up a bit for that. In the hills or mountains you would not regret the larger engine.

Also, for pulling the rear suspension on the 2500 is more than enough to handle the load but is your trailer 4500 listed on the nameplate? Your actual, loaded weight will most likely be a good bit more than that once you get it loaded with all your travelling needs.

If you are going to drive the truck more without the trailer perhaps you would like the lighter truck better. If it's primary purpose is to pull your loaded trailer, I still like the 2500 option.
I too think the 1500 would pull the trailer just fine on the level ground ,,but coming up from the Snake River is a winding road and steep for 30 miles ,so from reading from you guys I think the 2500 will be the safe way to go ,thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
I also installed air bags when I lifted it back close to when it was new.. go stuck too many times just getting to camp so had to put a little more ground clearance under it..

the air bags work great! 10psi per 100lbs lift.. I opted for simple valve stems under rear bumper but onboard compressors with gauges etc. readily available..

air bags are great for adjusting heavier loads and leveling out.. even heavier trucks could take advantage of this but often overlooked..

this would have been rough without airbags.. and mine are old and don't hold very well very long but made this trip down the mountain from ojai to orange county much less stressful

level wheel wells on truck and trailer sail much smoother!

good luck!

I had air bags on my duramax and it leveled out the two real good ,,I will seee how the travel trailer and what ever truck I get looks like for level and then decide on air bags ,, thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypressbog View Post
I hate spending others money, but since you asked...I'm in the same situation and decided to buy a 1/2 ton Ram with the Hemi. What we think we're getting for a trailer is quite similar to yours. Plan to use a weight distributing hitch and make sure both trailer axles have brakes. If there's an upgrade to the truck brakes be sure to spend that money.
I will use a weight distributing hitch for sure no matter if its a 1500 or 2500 ,, I do like that hitch,, If you dont have any or not many steep hills ,,then for what i get from the guys here on the forum or on the street ,, you probably will do ok... good luck to you
Old 08-13-2019, 06:45 PM   #11
mikebte

23' is a short trailer and 4500 lbs is light. I have pulled my 33ft RV at 5500LBS dry with my 08 Silverado from one side of the country to the other and it did fine. I have had it on mountain passed and it did fine. Just add a good transmission cooler and have the correct gearing. I have a 4 speed with 3.38 gears and 3.73 would make all the difference.

You can make many upgrades to the half ton that will make it nice, Sway bars, Hellwig and air bags. The list goes on. A 2500 will always be better hands down. Can't compare the two.
A 14 will most likely have a 6 speed and you can find one with the bigger displacement engine if needed. Ether way I think you will be happy towing with ether one.

Think forward as well, Will you be getting a bigger RV in the future? If so, plan for that when picking the truck. My 2 cents.

As talked about, Weight distribution helps a lot. Don't cheap out on that, get a quality one without the chains.
mikebte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 06:51 PM   #12
jweb

We recently bought a 2018 Tahoe (2014 would be similar) and it has the 5.3. I have pulled 2 camper trailers, 1 2300 lbs and 1 3500lbs. I also sold my LS swapped '86 Cutlass earlier this year and delivered it to Ashland,OR on a Uhaul trailer. I feel like it's done really well with all the different trailers and I'm really happy I got the factory brake controller and self leveling suspension, this also has a built in engine brake which has kicked in even towing the smallest trailer I have. Which seems to really help with braking

Like it was said above, I'm more concerned with the braking then the power. Whether you get a 1500 or 2500 I would highly recommend you find one with those options if you can.
1953 Westerner "canned ham" trailer, rebuilt
1974 Prowler trailer, rebuilt
jweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 07:01 PM   #13
72c20customcamper

If your not dead set on a pickup many of the newer SUVs will pull that trailer . With liquids and gear your rig would probably be around 72-7300 pounds.
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 07:04 PM   #14
72c20customcamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jweb View Post
We recently bought a 2018 Tahoe (2014 would be similar) and it has the 5.3. I have pulled 2 camper trailers, 1 2300 lbs and 1 3500lbs. I also sold my LS swapped '86 Cutlass earlier this year and delivered it to Ashland,OR on a Uhaul trailer. I feel like it's done really well with all the different trailers and I'm really happy I got the factory brake controller and self leveling suspension, this also has a built in engine brake which has kicked in even towing the smallest trailer I have. Which seems to really help with braking

Like it was said above, I'm more concerned with the braking then the power. Whether you get a 1500 or 2500 I would highly recommend you find one with those options if you can.
Never heard of an engine brake on a gas job. I have one on my Cummins and the Cat . Most gas engines when in tow mode just downshift to slow the truck and trailer.
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 07:20 PM   #15
jeffahart

The lightweight should not be a problem for any of the half tons as long as you don't load the bed with lot's of heavy gear. Get a weight distribution hitch kit, they're a couple hundred bucks. Plus have it setup correctly from a camper or hitch shop. Get a trailer brake, test it when you start your road trips. Go slow in the wind with a lightweight! I would really test the turning radius of the 4x4 trucks vs the 2wd. A good turning radius makes backing into tight spots easier.

Have fun!

j
Old 08-13-2019, 10:40 PM   #16
davischevy

My two cents.

2500, 2 or 4 wheel drive, with a 6.0 engine, brake controller, equalizer hitch.

I have both 1500 with 5.3 and 2500 with 6.0. The 1500 will do the job just fine, but the 2500 will do it that much easier.

I love the integral brake controllers. They just work better than an add on controller.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 11:01 PM   #17
Boog
laying low

The 2500 have bigger brakes don't they? Heavier springs for sure. I sometimes think I should have shopped even longer trying to find a 2500 with 6.0 to handle our towing a little easier. My 1500 crew does the job but I do baby it under load. I don't want to strain the trans or brakes.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 06:52 AM   #18
rsavage

I have towed boats, campers, car trailers, etc. all my life. I switched to Ram and Dodge years ago simply because they are better for towing. A Ram 1500 standard 5.7 has 395 hp and 375 ft. lbs. of torque (what you need for towing) and an eight speed trans. A 5.3 has 285-310 hp and 325 ft lbs of torque. I have a 27 ft pull behind camper now and pull it with my Durango SRT (475 hp and 470 ft. lbs. of torque) simply because it is lower and easier for my wife with MS to get into. I have always had pickups and if I bought another it would be another Ram due to its engine and superior towing ability. I wish that they would put the 6.4 that is in the Durango in a 1500, but you have to go to a 2500 to get it and it is slighty watered down from what is put in my SRT. In any event, I suggest that you take a look at a Ram also. You are a veteran tower so you don't need to be told about hitching etc.
2021 Durango RT 5.7
rsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 08:34 AM   #19
GOPAPA

[quote=jeffahart; I would really test the turning radius of the 4x4 trucks vs the 2wd. A good turning radius makes backing into tight spots easier.

Have fun!

j[/QUOTE]

I either forgot or did not know that 4/4's do not turn as sharp as 2 Wheelers.. I had a 4/4 and 24 ft travel trailer and a couple places this might of came into play ,,but only a couple .

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
My two cents.

2500, 2 or 4 wheel drive, with a 6.0 engine, brake controller, equalizer hitch.

I have both 1500 with 5.3 and 2500 with 6.0. The 1500 will do the job just fine, but the 2500 will do it that much easier.

I love the integral brake controllers. They just work better than an add on controller.
I know you have many of both the 1500 and 2500 and like others here you say the 1500 will do it but the 2500 does it better, I think this is the consensus here and I will be looking for a 2500 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
The 2500 have bigger brakes don't they? Heavier springs for sure. I sometimes think I should have shopped even longer trying to find a 2500 with 6.0 to handle our towing a little easier. My 1500 crew does the job but I do baby it under load. I don't want to strain the trans or brakes.
I believe they do from what others have said ,, the transmission is another thought to think of too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsavage View Post
I have towed boats, campers, car trailers, etc. all my life. I switched to Ram and Dodge years ago simply because they are better for towing. A Ram 1500 standard 5.7 has 395 hp and 375 ft. lbs. of torque (what you need for towing) and an eight speed trans. A 5.3 has 285-310 hp and 325 ft lbs of torque. I have a 27 ft pull behind camper now and pull it with my Durango SRT (475 hp and 470 ft. lbs. of torque) simply because it is lower and easier for my wife with MS to get into. I have always had pickups and if I bought another it would be another Ram due to its engine and superior towing ability. I wish that they would put the 6.4 that is in the Durango in a 1500, but you have to go to a 2500 to get it and it is slighty watered down from what is put in my SRT. In any event, I suggest that you take a look at a Ram also. You are a veteran tower so you don't need to be told about hitching etc.
I just may do that ,,but no diesel as the wife and I both do not like the loud noise the make .. the gas rigs would be fine ,, not sure just how much difference a 6.4 Ram engine is with gas mileage compared to a 6.0 GMC ,,but that is something I would want to know before buying as I plan on a couple 2500 mile trips each year plus camping close by where we live and they would add up to being 250 mile round trips ..
Old 08-14-2019, 11:59 AM   #20
GOPAPA

Whats your thoughts on th1s truck 2007 GMC SIERRA 2500 CREW CAB 4X4 SLT DURAMAX DIESEL ..It's a 6.6

How many miles is to much for this year .. I know if it been taken care of matters a lot ,,but there is one for sale close by fir $21,950 and i am waiting to them to get back with me on the mileage.. What if it is say,,135k is this a truck you would buy and use for pulling this trailer I bought

I know I didnt want a diesel ,,just curious about it

here is another one ,,2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Crew Cab SLT Pickup 4D 6 1/2 ft (125K) and it has the 6 L engine
Old 08-14-2019, 12:27 PM   #21
special-K
Special Order

It's not like a 2500 is too much truck to drive empty. The ride is great for what it can haul and not much different from a 1500. Also, fuel consumption difference is negligible. So why not get another camper hauler 2500 that is fine to run about in when home? That's the best package for someone who owns a travel trailer, IMO. A 1500 truck can do it and so can an SUV, but the 2500 does it better. I also like the idea of full-floating rear and would want that. The single rear 3500 I had drove and rode nice as a 1500, so it wasn't overkill but it was better

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 03:47 PM   #22
davischevy

Larry, as you know, we bought my Duramax new. It just turned over 250,000 miles. I drove it to Florida two weeks ago and it got a solid 22 MPG driving it like an old man.

I just now got back from Missouri with a load of sod on my SIL's new Ram (Dodge) and it is pretty impressive.

WE have a couple of the Ram 2500's with the 6.4, and they pull a lot stronger than the 6.0 GM trucks.

Sounds like a Dodge commercial don't it? I have had several chances to move to a new truck, but I'm more than satisfied with my old Duramax.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 05:23 PM   #23
Warrens69GMC

Talked my brother into getting a 3/4 ton 2wd crew cab non-mega cab Dodge new (2014), and it was less than 30k - no regrets at all
Attached Images

Warrens69GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 06:16 PM   #24
GOPAPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
It's not like a 2500 is too much truck to drive empty. The ride is great for what it can haul and not much different from a 1500. Also, fuel consumption difference is negligible. So why not get another camper hauler 2500 that is fine to run about in when home? That's the best package for someone who owns a travel trailer, IMO. A 1500 truck can do it and so can an SUV, but the 2500 does it better. I also like the idea of full-floating rear and would want that. The single rear 3500 I had drove and rode nice as a 1500, so it wasn't overkill but it was better
I know Tim, the heavy Duramax for sure as the weight over comes the bumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
Larry, as you know, we bought my Duramax new. It just turned over 250,000 miles. I drove it to Florida two weeks ago and it got a solid 22 MPG driving it like an old man.

I just now got back from Missouri with a load of sod on my SIL's new Ram (Dodge) and it is pretty impressive.

WE have a couple of the Ram 2500's with the 6.4, and they pull a lot stronger than the 6.0 GM trucks.

Sounds like a Dodge commercial don't it? I have had several chances to move to a new truck, but I'm more than satisfied with my old Duramax.
Yes it does sound like a commercial..but a argued point to the good.. you are going to laugh at what I have in mind doing ,, who knows it might work to get me a newer truck than what I want to spend on ??? Changed my mind ,,I will try it and then tell you if it worked.. stay tuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrens69GMC View Post
Talked my brother into getting a 3/4 ton 2wd crew cab non-mega cab Dodge new (2014), and it was less than 30k - no regrets at all
Thats funny ,,and does look like a big big big truck pulling a little little travel trailer.

Last edited by GOPAPA; 08-14-2019 at 06:29 PM.
GOPAPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 07:07 PM   #25
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
Even with trailer brakes, it is nice to have the heavy stuff the 2500 offers. Probably any engine combo would pull that just fine, but I always worry about stopping more than going.

If you already have a Tahoe, I would just beef it up with overload bags, & stabilizer. It doesn't sound like you need a dedicated truck to sit most of the time.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote