The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-18-2012, 03:38 AM   #26
jam-bo383

Re: "New" '59!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKNOWME View Post
Wish I had kept that motor
Posted via Mobile Device
What is it, exactly? I mean, I know it's a 350, but has it been bored? Heads? Cam? I'm curious as to what's been done to it. Heck, I kinda wish it were closer to stock. I want the truck to be more of a cruiser. Definitely want to add a 700R4, maybe fuel injection, and be able to drive it to Austin for the Lonestar Roundup!
Old 11-21-2012, 08:00 PM   #27
UKNOWME

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam-bo383 View Post
What is it, exactly? I mean, I know it's a 350, but has it been bored? Heads? Cam? I'm curious as to what's been done to it. Heck, I kinda wish it were closer to stock. I want the truck to be more of a cruiser. Definitely want to add a 700R4, maybe fuel injection, and be able to drive it to Austin for the Lonestar Roundup!
I'm not sure at the moment, I built that engine a few years back just finally had something to put it in. I can try and find some info on it if you'd like. Maybe we could work something out if you wanted to swap.
1964 Chevy c10
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU
UKNOWME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:18 AM   #28
jam-bo383

Soooo... Just wanted to drop by and post an update. Long story short: lost my job, and, unfortunately, lost my Dad. Seems like my whole life got put on hold for a while. When the dust settles, and things slowly get back on track, you remind yourself that there's still work to be done. I'm glad that the passion for classics got passed down from my Dad. I just re-started my truck. Cool thing is, with all the time off, my plans for the truck have changed a bit. Still going for a very nice daily driver, but the '58-'59 front ends have really grown on me! Almost to the point that the '55-'57s look kinda weird now. Go figure! Anyway, I got the bed off with the help of my lovely/awesome wife. Got the rear flipped, and am now prepping the Camaro subframe for the swap. I'll be posting some pics as soon as I get them uploaded. I'm sure I'll have a few questions as I go along as well. To be continued....
Old 04-06-2014, 11:01 AM   #29
Kim57

Sorry for your loss.
Glad to see you didn't let it stop you from enjoying life.
Looking forward to your progress.
Kim
Old 04-06-2014, 01:09 PM   #30
jam-bo383

Thanks, Kim57. I'm pretty pumped even though I know it's going to take a bit more time/money than I originally had planned for. It will be worth it in the end!
Old 04-06-2014, 02:03 PM   #31
OrrieG

My sympathy for your loss too, my Dad is in the final stage of his life so I understand. He and my grandfather, the original Orrie, are where I get my auto passion and basic knowledge from. When he is gone I will unofficially become the "oldman" in the family, dubious title and honor bestowed on the oldest living male as clan patriarch. Welcome to the 4 light side, I have always felt they had more character too. Look forward to continued posts.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:47 PM   #32
jam-bo383

Thanks, Orrie. It does suck being a member of a club that nobody ever wants to be in (losing your pops). Yes, I'm really liking the 4-eyed look now. It seems the somewhat bulkier front end balances out the Fleetside bed as well. I'll be doing the clip this weekend snd I'm so looking forward to it. I'll post up some progress pics soon.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:04 PM   #33
UKNOWME

Any updates?
1964 Chevy c10
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU
Old 01-26-2015, 02:13 AM   #34
jam-bo383

Actually, yes. My family went through another couple of setbacks. Just as last year (we lost an aunt and my dad within a week of each other), we lost my mom and my uncle within a week of each other. It was pretty crazy, and I wasn't much for working on hardly anything. Well, I got around to it just last week finally. So far I'm doing chassis work. I installed a flip kit on the rear and will be cutting that funky clip off the front and installing the Camaro clip probably this coming weekend. Body work is getting started simultaneously. I'm taking pics along the way, and will post those as I get more and edit them and stuff. Goal is to have it roadworthy by summer. I may do a simple air ride system on it to combat the sometimes crappy roads here in Lubbock! I've got an interesting, tasty and different paint scheme in mind that will make use of some strategic, cleared bare metal. It should be interesting. Once I get more pics, I'll do a build thread. I may have a line on a '56 as well.... We'll see. Did you ever get anything else done to the Blazer?
Old 01-26-2015, 09:30 AM   #35
Kim57

Sorry for you losses.
Glad you're making time to get back to the truck.
Kim
Old 02-01-2015, 12:04 AM   #36
UKNOWME

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam-bo383 View Post
Actually, yes. My family went through another couple of setbacks. Just as last year (we lost an aunt and my dad within a week of each other), we lost my mom and my uncle within a week of each other. It was pretty crazy, and I wasn't much for working on hardly anything. Well, I got around to it just last week finally. So far I'm doing chassis work. I installed a flip kit on the rear and will be cutting that funky clip off the front and installing the Camaro clip probably this coming weekend. Body work is getting started simultaneously. I'm taking pics along the way, and will post those as I get more and edit them and stuff. Goal is to have it roadworthy by summer. I may do a simple air ride system on it to combat the sometimes crappy roads here in Lubbock! I've got an interesting, tasty and different paint scheme in mind that will make use of some strategic, cleared bare metal. It should be interesting. Once I get more pics, I'll do a build thread. I may have a line on a '56 as well.... We'll see. Did you ever get anything else done to the Blazer?
Man I'm sorry for your loses! Sounds like your gonna have a badass 59 when it's done! I'd love to check it out when you finish. No I haven't done much to the blazer. I pulled the engine to reseal it then wound up putting it in my 80 c10. I installed the 305/350 combo from the c10 in the blazer and it's been sitting. I have it for sale but hadn't pushed it much. Still need to finish up some engine stuff to get it roadworthy then I'll probably drive it with a for sale sign on it. I have too many vehicles right now. I just picked up a 97 2 door 2 wheel drive Tahoe and my justification was I was getting rid of the blazer.
1964 Chevy c10
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU