The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-23-2012, 02:31 PM   #1
Dan in Pasadena

"Daisy" Mag Restoration - Well, Kinda!

I bought three used, damaged Daisy mags (200S?) for $30 off Craigslist a while ago. I didn't intend to ever install them on my truck - I used them for holding air hoses and extension cords in my garage, BUT I think they came out good enough that I'd have no problem using them. I might inthe future. Anyway...

Here's the best of them. Little damage but its dull, neglected and the spokes have corrosion on them:
BEFORE

I sanded the lip with wet/dry 220, then 1500 because that's what I had. Then I hit them with metal polish. The spokes I painted with gray primer I had around. The center cap was that plastic chrome and had gone green mostly. I sprayed it with Rustoleum bright metallic chrome paint.

Mounted a deep one and a shallow one yesterday. Just posted to let you see how I used them. But now I find myself surfing CL for one or two more to make a set. Never know when you'll get the urge to change shoes!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
mr48chev

Re: "Daisy" Mag Restoration - Well, Kinda!

Cool. Back in the 70's when I worked in a Firestone store in Waco, Tx I had a nearly new chrome reverse rim that had a bent back lip mounted on the side of the house to roll the hose up on. It was funny how many kids would stop in the middle of the street and run up to it and check it out. It sure worked great to keep the hose on though.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote