The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-13-2004, 11:57 PM   #1
SnwbrdMm

1990 Suburban

Hi guys. I recently just got my new..well old..Sub. I love it. But I hate a few problems, and I was wondering if you guys could help me. I’m not really good with cars, and don’t know much about them.

First off, does anyone know where I can get the third row seat? Or if it’s worth giving up the room? Is it worth the price I will have to pay?

Also, my back doors rattle when I’m driving, how do I fix this? I shut the as hard as I can, and that helps a little.

Third, my back passenger doors, the ones behind the front doors, the locks are broken, or hard to work. Like on the back passenger side door, I have to throw a lot of muscle into pulling it up to make it unlock. What can I do to fix this? Do I have to like take off the door panel and clean it or what? On the back driver side door, the lock is totally broken off, and cannot be pulled, what do I do about this? Again just take off the paneling and put a knew one in there?

Also, everything is totally stock. Except for the bigger all terrain wheels I had put on there. Is there anything I can do, that will help my truck? Say performance wise? I live in Las Vegas. So when I go off-roading, it will be more rocky/dusty, then it will be with things like trees. Also I will be taking it into he snow as well because I snowboard. If you guys suggest anything, can you tell me how much you think it would cost?

Thanks for the help in advance!
SnwbrdMm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 10:37 AM   #2
junkyardpartseeker

burb questions

3rd row seat are hard to find unless you get lucky to find one in good condition in a salvage or someone parting out a burb. If you have a large family, it's worth the extra seat and when they are not with you, you can take it out and have the room. They are easy to remove.

The back doors rattling might be the latches are not grabing good enough the latch bar on the bottom of the burb. Might have to go into the doors and replace the latches. Or the hinges might just be loose. Check for tightness.

Rear side doors might need a good WD-40 spray. You will have to remove the panels to get to them. If a bar is bent inside, you will have to replace it.

Here is a site that might help. You can request a free catalog on the burbs from them and they will mail it to you.
www.LMCTRUCK.com

Hope this helps.

Tommy Davis
junkyardpartseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 03:55 AM   #3
SnwbrdMm

Thanks man!
Old 03-26-2004, 01:59 AM   #4
sierrasports
BANNED

we have a blue cloth 3rd row seat from an 89, $300 plus shipping and its yours

we take paypal to

I-Am-Banned
sierrasports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 05:40 PM   #5
SnwbrdMm

Lol is the price negotiable? I guess its rather lucky you have the blue one, seeing as my interior is blue. Thuogh all my other seats are like not cloth, but not leather, pleather? Iono, anyways if you have aim, IM me at SnwbrdMm, or Ill email you.
Old 03-26-2004, 06:16 PM   #6
sierrasports
BANNED

email me: I-Am-Banned

yeah, i can hook you up, just email me with your shipping address and lets see what shipping will work out to then we can talk about price.

its looks brand new to me,.... i just went out to the shop and looked at it again to make sure it was what i said. looks like it will be a p-i-t-a to ship, lol i picked it up and it feels like about 35-45lbs..
sierrasports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 11:46 AM   #7
ltrain315

3rd Row Seat.

Keep checking Ebay. I found a grey one for mine in awesome condition. Even had the ashtrays. Got it for $50. I got it shipped through Greyhound for like $50-60 I think?

THere were a few on there too when I was bidding on mine.

Good luck!
ltrain315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 05:04 PM   #8
BeerMonkeY
sold

ive got a gray cloth one in mint condition ill sell.
BeerMonkeY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 12:18 AM   #9
aggiedave98

for the back door rattle, take a look at the latches on the truck. it's 2 bolts per latch. you can loosen them and move the latch toward the front of the burb a little. that will close the door tighter.
aggiedave98 is offline   Reply With Quote