The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2005, 01:30 PM   #1
cojnit
Nothing clever

Need your thoughts

So there I was last night making a run from the old house to the new house at about 10:30pm, when all of a sudden I feel a large crash and hear an enormous explosion from my truck. Then I realize that I am somehow now sitting in oncoming traffic! "what happened?" I am thinking to myself... just then I look into my rear window and realize that my tire has just hit me in rear end. Shaken and still somewhat confused I emerge from the truck and stagger in the road for a second., only to realize that something very unusual has happened. My lugs for the tire have all completely sheared off. I find 5 out of 6 in the road with all of the lug nuts still on them ( and able to be turned by hand) This is made even more clear when I realize that I just got my car back from midas a few days ago, after taking it to them for a second time because I was concerned that they had not fixed the braking problem that I had originally had it in for several weeks before.

All of this being said, I am a little banged up and confused as to what should happen now, as well as out of a vehicle. If anyone has some thought as to the actions I should take I could sure use the insight.

thanks
Attached Images