The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-29-2008, 06:55 AM   #1
**grumpy**

Yet another S-10+AD, match made in heaven

What up fella's...Been lurkin here since I sold my 53 burb this fall, but can't stay away from these trucks

Just a couple crapy pics of my buddy's AD

He has it almost ready. Gastank and minor wiring and he'll be rolling. I'll take pics when it hits daylight.

And you know what.....This is my next set-up too.

After all the crazy money I spent on my 53 Suburban, with expensive MII and a No-Limit FatBar 4-link, and air-ride stuff....
He has half invested in his build, including a tri-4-link from Suicide Doors, and full air-ride.

With the same exact looking finished product. Well, I hated my MII. Just seemed too lightweight for a big heavy burb. My feeling anyway.

***EDIT***Or I'm thinking G-body clip and 60's trailing arm rear suspension with air-ride..!?! I had a 54 5 window with a G-body clip that rode, drove and handled great....More thinking.....****

See for yourself. 2 pics of his, 1 of mine...Same result..

I think I'm going to do another AD this fall. Love these trucks.

Attached Images

Last edited by **grumpy**; 03-29-2008 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Late night thinking
**grumpy** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 12:42 PM   #2
chevy3100

Re: Yet another S-10+AD, match made in heaven

Man, I gotta say that that sub kicks a$$.....

I need to find something like that with a decent body for my wife (it sure as hell would beat her Cobalt, and my little guy would LOVE it)

For the AD trucks, I am convinced that the S10 swap is the way to go. I've had a couple of S-10's and with all the parts available for them (cheap) you can make them comfortable & handle decent.

I have a '57 that I am currently working on, but it has a Camaro clip in it. I just can't decide if I want to go air ride or all static drop on this one....

By the way - Nice Airstream

Last edited by chevy3100; 03-30-2008 at 12:43 PM.
chevy3100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:55 AM   #3
youngrodder

Re: Yet another S-10+AD, match made in heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by **grumpy** View Post
What up fella's...Been lurkin here since I sold my 53 burb this fall, but can't stay away from these trucks

Just a couple crapy pics of my buddy's AD

He has it almost ready. Gastank and minor wiring and he'll be rolling. I'll take pics when it hits daylight.

And you know what.....This is my next set-up too.

After all the crazy money I spent on my 53 Suburban, with expensive MII and a No-Limit FatBar 4-link, and air-ride stuff....
He has half invested in his build, including a tri-4-link from Suicide Doors, and full air-ride.

With the same exact looking finished product. Well, I hated my MII. Just seemed too lightweight for a big heavy burb. My feeling anyway.

***EDIT***Or I'm thinking G-body clip and 60's trailing arm rear suspension with air-ride..!?! I had a 54 5 window with a G-body clip that rode, drove and handled great....More thinking.....****

See for yourself. 2 pics of his, 1 of mine...Same result..

I think I'm going to do another AD this fall. Love these trucks.

Mine also uses a G-body with air and I agree with your comments about the ride and handling. When mine was drivable it had coil spring suspension and it rode low and smooth. I upgraded to air ride with boxed trailing arms and energy suspension bushings throughout so it should be even better.

Good luck
Marc
youngrodder is offline   Reply With Quote