The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-05-2016, 11:30 AM   #1
Ryanz

Lift and Exhaust

Hey guys - I'm getting exhaust redone on Wednesday on my 72 350. They recommend going to 2.5. It has factory ram horns which he says he can leave on and adapt. Would you go to 2.5 or leave factory? Also thinking of going with Flow Master 50 for a quieter ride.

Doing a 2.5 inch lift this winter. Unfortunately no one in Canada (that I can find) carries Sky Jacker which seem to be popular on this site for quality and ride. I want to do this right but exchange and shipping will be pricey. Thoughts??
Ryanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 08:51 PM   #2
Mike C

Re: Lift and Exhaust

I think it is worthwhile to buy the 2.5" Corvette manifolds. I replaced my headers with them and would do same again.

What size tire are you planning to run? If you want 33's they will fit stock or lifted, but if you want 35's you need to go 4".
68 Camaro 'vert LT1 & TH700
69 Z/28 355 12.6's @110
69 Chevy Short Step 4 1/2"/7" drop
72 Jimmy 4WD 4spd 4" & 35's
02 GMC 2500HD 4x4 Duramax
Mike C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 10:42 PM   #3
Ryanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
I think it is worthwhile to buy the 2.5" Corvette manifolds. I replaced my headers with them and would do same again.

What size tire are you planning to run? If you want 33's they will fit stock or lifted, but if you want 35's you need to go 4".
I am running 33 x 12.5's right now - but think it needs the lift to look right.

I am going to have the motor rebuilt this winter - would you suggest waiting and doing the exhaust at that point instead of doing it first? My one muffler baffle is rattling bad so it's extremely irritating to drive which is why I wanted it fixed while I am able to drive it for another 6 to 8 weeks.

If I want to put the corvette 2.5's on later can it still be done when I rebuild? There is a hairline crack on passenger side one now. Sorry, not a mechanic so my questions may seem silly. However, I am learning as much as can as I go along. I'll post some pics once I get the lift done. Any preference on which brand of lift?
Old 09-05-2016, 11:18 PM   #4
Ryanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post

One other question. Do you have air conditioning? I have air and just want to be sure the 2.5 rams aren't going to be an issue getting the AC bracket back on as I've read on a few other threads - but they may have been a different style.