The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2013, 01:22 AM   #1
Dm1pfoy1

Smile Project: Fast 'n' Loud

I bought my truck on July 30th of 2013. It was the end result of the search for my first classic. I had never had a classic truck and had passed on several vehicles before finding the truck on craigslist. Was fairly local so drove out and saw it.

Fell in love with the looks and attitude of truck. Story was it belonged to this guy since he was a early teen and he had just little by little got it to this point but was losing interest and wanted something new. Fortunately he owned a small body shop and was willing for a little cash to finish up truck enough to be presentable.

Ever since then I have just enjoyed the truck. I have worked on it little by little pulling on the old info i had from auto and the forum here to tune and get truck better and better. The truck is kind of a nod at old school hot rodding. It was original 350 with th350 not sure if rear is original. Its a 10 bolt with 3.73:1 gear.

The 350 is stroked to a 383. Its got 993 heads bone stock otherwise. Cam is RV cam 214/224 from what I can find. Flowtech heads into flowmaster super 44's dumped mid bed. Road demon barry grant 625 cfm carb. Wiend action plus intake, electric fans, power steering and power brakes . Stock stall with stock th350. Hurst indy-matic shifter with hurst pistol grip. Black interrior custom audiosound radio, battery in cab, kick panel speakers,grant steering wheel and 5" tach.

Truck is going to be a era inspired hot rod that is cruiser as well as fun runs on track. Its faux patina paint is been professionally done. Wheels are old school Pacer 177c Supremes and are 15x8. ECE 4" drop in rear and 2.5" drop upfront. I will post updates and new photos as things change.
Dm1pfoy1 is offline   Reply With Quote