The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2010, 10:28 PM   #1
blazerboy_4life
70Custom10

Question Lucky me! 305 Rebuild ** Update** Now ive scored a cheap 350

So I recently made a friend who is currently enrolled in the local hotrod institute. We got on the subject of my 70 SWB and I told him I was going to be doing a rebuild soon. It just so happens that theyre looking for a donor motor for the upcoming performance class in january. Lucky me they are going to do all of the motor work for me for free all I have to pay for is parts. Id like to put a cam in with a little more lobe to it and maybe some roller rockers and such. Its currently got the stock steel manifold and 2bbl rochester as well with HEI. My questin i guess is what would you guys recomend for brands for these parts and what else should I redo/replace while im in there. I dont want to completely throw fuel economy out the window but what fun is a 2wd street truck like this if it doesnt get up and scoot right!? Is that 2bbl worth rebuilding performance wise or should I make the switch over to a nice edelbrock 600 & manifold? Im not going to be doing much with the truck. Its going to be my daily driver and occasionally pulling a small trailer with my quad and 3 wheeler on it. Im not terribly good with the math on the internals of an engine so dont get too complicated or at least dumb it up a bit for me. Haha thanks guys.

oh and if it makes a difference Im running a th350 Trans (Id like for it to be a 700r4 soon) and rear ratio is believe is 3.73

Last edited by blazerboy_4life; 01-10-2011 at 12:48 PM. Reason: new engine**
blazerboy_4life is offline   Reply With Quote