The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2016, 02:17 PM   #1
Wyoduke

'72 GMC "Steamboat"

My Grandparents bought this yellow beast brand new and handed it down to my dad who in turn handed it down to me. It's back in running order after a decade plus of sitting. We had a new 4 barrel carb, power steering, 4" spring lift, gas tank moved to under the bed, side exhaust, and some misc wiring and such done to get it road worthy again. I thought about fixing the dings and dents and repainting it another color but decided there is too much history with it and am going to keep it the original yellow and just lessen the big dents a bit. Wyoming (where both the truck and I am from) has yellow and brown as colors so the truck will get some brown put on at some point to make it a Wyo Theme truck. It already has a coupe of brown "steamboats" (the name of the Wyoming bucking horse symbol) on the rear of the bed. The engine was going to be replaced with something bigger (more power!) but the 307 needed little work and fits with the Wyoming theme since the entire area code (and a Wyoming "calling card") is 307. The interior is in need of much love and will probably be the next step now that it is running. Those are the original seat covers bought by my aunt for my grandpa in 1974/75.

The bed was used to haul everything from cows to wood so is pretty beat up.
Wyoduke is offline   Reply With Quote