The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-17-2004, 11:14 PM   #1
charles oliver
68 camtruck

Installing New window regulator

I found some old posts and tried following the directions but it doesn't give any tips on how to get all the rollers in the tracks.

Maybre it is assuming I am smarter than the window regulator. It looks like the regulator has won so far.

Boy, I hate to show my ignorace but here goes. I found the thread on removing the window and got it out ok.

Trying to put in a new regulator what is the secret to getting both the top rollers in the track at the same time with the cozy wing in. I had it in once with the cozy wing out but couldn't get the cozy wing in and removed the 2 screws in the front of the regulator to try and tilt the window to get the cozy wing in and the rollers came out.

I have worked on this all after noon without any success. Is there a trick to getting this back in.

It is a 71 Jimmy.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Charlie

Last edited by charles oliver; 04-17-2004 at 11:17 PM.
charles oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 08:52 AM   #2
vtblazer

Window

I know what you mean... it took allot just to disassemble the doors, I can't wait to see how much fun I have putting thing's back together
If there's a link out there, I'd like to read it too.
If you happen on the magic process...clue in the rest of us
vtblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 04:10 PM   #3
charles oliver
68 camtruck

Window Regulator Install

Good News. Walked out there this morning and within 20 minutes had the window in. I spent hours wresteling with it yesterday to no avail.

Here is what worked for me. I followed the instructions that some one had posted, but couldn't get the window back in with the rollers in the proper slots.

Something I would add to that list is with the Vent Window in the slot and turned 90 degrees.
Rollup the window regulator all the way. As a matter of fact let the rollers come all the way up out of the window channel.
Slide the window over the rollers and align the window to the channel and roll the window back down.
After the window is back down. Slide the bar over to its original place and put the screws back in.

That is what worked for me.

Thanks
Charlie
charles oliver is offline   Reply With Quote