The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-25-2021, 09:52 PM   #1
EricU

Quality of Aftermarket Interior Door Parts: Handles, Switches, etc etc

I will be redoing my interior door panels for my 89 Crew Cab Dually (R30?) and I need some new interior door handles, door handle bezels, PW and PL Switches, door lock bezels etc etc and was wondering;

* which if any of the aftermarket companies to go to or to stay away from for INTERIOR door parts?

Rock Auto has the interior door handles themselves for about $5 each from Goodmark but not much else

LMC has awesome exploded diagrams and I don’t mind paying a bit more to support the different vendors.

USA1 so far has great service but tends to ship a little slow as I am on the other (West) coast.

Brothers has more than led on that they have something in stock, then when I don’t get it after a while I call, wait twenty minutes to find out that it is “backordered”

So far, for this truck and a couple others that I have, I have purchased various different items from USA1, LMC, AMD, Brothers, Classic and of course eBay.

I’d like to hear from folks that have actually purchased from and installed the various door interior handles and other little knick knacks.

I would rather purchase OEM parts, but we all know Chevy has mostly moved on from us Squarebody guys.
Old 02-25-2021, 10:02 PM   #2
blazer2007

Re: Quality of Aftermarket Interior Door Parts: Handles, Switches, etc etc

I,m so dissapointed with most aftermarket parts. I try to find stuff on the internet locally. Still some good stuff out there. Sorry no help but just get so Peed off when the parts arrive.
blazer2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 09:01 AM   #3
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

I have always had good luck with LMC. They seem to always have it and seems to ship quickly. Their prices don't seem any worse than anywhere else when all things like shipping and all are taken into account. Personally I have never had much luck with RockAuto. They seem to have lots of parts, but were always outragious on their shipping. The couple times I used them it looked like I had gotten used parts. My experience with Brothers over the last 15+ years is they seem to backorder a lot and many of the things seem extra cheap feeling compared to getting sme part from others. USA1 I have only order carper from and do like them. No issues. I do scan ebay alot for stuff, but lots of times you don't know exactly who it is coming from. Luckily so far I have not been burned or disappointed.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 11:35 AM   #4
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

LMC is hit or miss some stuff is great other stuff is complete junk

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 02:35 PM   #5
EricU

Has anyone actually used any of the various interior door handles or switches?
Old 02-26-2021, 04:45 PM   #6
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

on the 79 the pull strap covers and the bolts from LMC were junk too small both times

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 04:45 PM   #7
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

I have used LMC door and window crank handles for my 81, 64, 83, and 70 and they were all good to me. Have not had power windows , so can't help there. I have used dash switches with no issues from them.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 06:01 PM   #8
SCOTI

I got my dome lights, door-pull pockets, door trim, & window + lock switches from LMC.

The trim didn't match factory stuff. I had NOS rear door interior trim & the LMC stuff for the front had a silver perimeter vs. chrome. I tweaked things so it didn't matter for my scheme.

The pass side door lock switch failed (plastic broke apart) on it's first actual use after initial install. I just mated the 'new' cover to the OG switch base.
The drivers side window switch had the plastic bezel clips break out w/limited use. The part was in place for several years but it's not exactly a daily driven truck. It was replaced w/a Dorman part.

The door pull pockets seemed fine & are stiff good. I didn't have to replace any of my actual handle assemblies.

Dome light bezels/bulb covers were fine.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote