The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-28-2014, 05:24 PM   #151
SCHRUMGMC

Re: Where/How did you find your Truck ?

Love the color man !!!
Old 12-28-2014, 07:20 PM   #152
mrolds88

Guess I should say something about my 70 C50. My boy and I were headed to the salvage yard to drop off some scrap. Around the last turn before the yard, we came up behind a dump truck. He pulled into the yard and went across the scales. There was some odd activity going on. He went between the truck and a pickup and it didn't feel normal. Asked the boy if he thought the guy was scrapping it. He thought the guy was too. Anyway, went up and talked to the guy and indeed he was. Didn't need it for his business any longer and had tried to sell it for a while with no bites. So I asked what he wanted for it. He would have gotten real close to $1000 for it if he just walked away at that point, but he told me $600 and its yours. I agreed and he drove it to my house!!
87 K10 Suburban Sold
93 K2500 xcab 6.5TD
96 GMC K2500 Suburban 6.5 TD
mrolds88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 08:45 AM   #153
aventur1

Farmers cow pasture in Oregon, it had a 71 or 72 front clip at that time and under carriage packed with cow dung...hauled it back part way on a trailer...but it did run.... drove it home. Ha.... but has come a long ways last couple years...
aventur1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 04:54 PM   #154
67gmcss2

Got mine from my grandpa after he died.
67gmcss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 12:24 PM   #155
1quik70

Found mine on Craigslist after searching for several years for a decent truck at something other than Barrett Jackson prices. It has been listed for less than 30 minutes, and I woke the guy up at midnight to commit to buying it sight unseen. Had it shipped to me from SW Missouri, and the truck was just as it was described in the ad! Amazing! I have had it since 2010, and it's in the process of getting a new running gear, rebuilt TH350 and a fresh 454.

1quik70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 01:50 AM   #156
C10agent

I seem to have been born with the sickness since there has always been classic cars in the family. I unfortunally don't have the...."grandpa or dad bought from the showroom back in the day", but we have always had cool rides. Dad currently has a 68 GTO 4 spd and a 71 C10 stepper with 383 stroker. I bought my first classic when I was 18 (just turned 32), 66 Buick Skylark off ebay way back then. Drove a one owner 69 Impala all through college I found off ebay also. Had a college chick on her cell phone, blow through a red light and T-Bone/total me in my 67 Impala SS. Sold my 64 Grand Prix to start a business and wife/kids had something to do with it back then also. I had to sell all of my previous babies for some reason or another, but it was time to get another one.

I was really into Fast N Loud and one episode there was a red c10 parked on the "back lot". I thought man, that is what I want, a "shop truck" driver that I can have fun with but not worry about scratching. What do you know (weird timing, I can't make this up) a week later that truck shows up on ebay. They were selling for a friend of theirs and claimed to have gone through it a while ago. I didn't care where it came from, I liked the older paint job with a 350/700R4 only had 5,000 miles on it and lowered. Long story short I bid, won and had it shipped down. I LOVE my truck but I didn't follow my cardinal rule.......always see it before you buy. A lot more rust in ALL the usual places than described. I definitely would have bought the truck, but at least I would have beat him up on the price. I bought it Sept 2013 and I have been doing the non sexy things. Like body mounts, suspension (fronts were cut), gutted the nasty carpet, stripped tint, brakes, etc.....and added some wheels. Here are some pics -
Attached Images

20" American Racing Daytonas
IG - neilioustx - pictures of build/progress

Born and Raised in the Promised Land....
TEXAS Y'ALL!!
C10agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 11:05 AM   #157
xRAY76

i decided i didnt want new cars anymore...
i sold my 2012 dodge charger R/T, paid off my Harley and started looking for a 60-66 c-10, after about a month of running all over the country and dealing with people from craigslist, i found my truck.

the funny part is, the very first truck i looked at on CL, and one of the ones closest to me, is the truck i ended up buying.

i bought a 60 shortbed stepside, 350/350th

it only needs one of everything (except wheels/tires ), but should keep me busy. no real plans for a super hotrod or custom, just a daily driver i can depend on and make my own.
xRAY76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 04:26 PM   #158
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Its been awhile, so here is a Sunday afternoon bump !!!

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 06:21 PM   #159
CST10

Found both of mine in the newspaper.......older people don't know how to use computers. Younger people don't know how to read newspapers. Thank god I'm in the middle and can do both. Lol
Brutus the 1998 Camaro Z28, 33,500 original miles, LS1, 519 RWHP/497 RWTQ.
Member of the Louisiana Classic Truck Club, LCTC
Member of the Louisiana C10 Club
Member of the Baton Rouge Drifters Car Club
CST10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 08:19 PM   #160
11SECSS

I was looking on ebay and websites for about 2 months before I found mine locally on CL and it was priced just right for me.
Attached Images

11SECSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 11:13 PM   #161
RB72

Just found my first truck about a month ago on Craiglsist ( I'm 15 ). Called them the day they posted it made them an offer and told them I would be out there to get it that weekend and they said yes! My dad and I drove all the way out to northwest Colorado from southern Missouri that weekend and got it! Now I'm so excited to restore it! I can't wait!
Attached Images

RB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 05:31 AM   #162
junkcarguy

bought my first 70 short step when i was 16 from my moms co worker took it apart and ruined it sold for scrap then at 19 i bought a 72 4x4 suburban from a buddy whos boss bought it new lifted it 427 and a 3/4 ton treatment sold it then bought a 72 blazer from a coustomer for 650 drove it for a year then traded it for a 67 swb 4x4 sold that bought a yard full of trucks sold them then grew up some joined the army felt i needed a old truck again cruising ebay deployed i bout a 70 swb 6cly 3ott for 800 was supoesd to drive home had it towed spent 1000 in parts and drove it across the us with everything i owned in the back 1800 miles non stop then swaped in a 350/700r i drive it every day the wife came to terms with it bought a 68 c20 from craigslist for 400 gave it to my step dad its his toy now. then took the wife to the junk yard she saw a 67 swb said i should buy it so i did wanting to sell that off and build a subrban just need the 700 to buy the one i found i wont ever buy a new car with all the ideas that come across this fourm ill just fix and enjoy my old junk as my coworkers say
junkcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 02:52 PM   #163
Maddog Mike

I decided I needed a vehicle to drive once in a while and wanted a truck for when you need one. I found mine on CL. The seller had a 69' C20 LWB and a 67' GMC C15 LWB. Would sell both for $1,200.00. He lived up in the mountains so I offered him my rifle and $200 bucks. We tried to drive the 69' home but we were having carb issues and the engine filled full of gas. 14 miles down the road it stopped running. We dropped off the 67' in town and went back up to retrieve the 69'. My youngest son and I are getting it derivable so when he gets his license it will be his. I will then start restoring the 67' for myself.
Attached Images

Maddog Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 04:13 PM   #164
Bladeboy1998

Subbed, I want to see more!
Bladeboy1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:56 PM   #165
Wrcampbell

My dad bought it new. Gave it over to me a few years before he passed on.
Attached Images

Wrcampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 10:19 PM   #166
pablo101

It all started about a year ago this month I had an itch for a 67 to 72 c10. Months of combing over craigslist ads used car ads online i was starting think I wasnt going to find a daily driver quality truck. Then one evening sitting in my workshop I pulled my phone out and pulled up ebay again looking through the hundreds of ads and there it was the auction time was in its last few minutes. I didn't have time to place a bid so like a fat kid and a donut factory I watched with all my attention. The only truck did not have a winning bidder so I logged in and contacted the seller directly. Working in the cars business for 20 years I was very doubtful the sellers would be open to take an offer however they accepted my offer and I gave him a deposit. The truck was out of state halfway across the country actually and with a family trip unexpected I waited 3 long weeks to pick it up. I flew in and picked up the truck and drove it two days back home to maine.

Here it is the day I picked it up, then after the suspension drop, the last one just lasr week after sitting in the garage since November
Attached Images

Last edited by pablo101; 03-09-2015 at 10:24 PM. Reason: spelling
pablo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 11:43 PM   #167
El Dorado Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB72 View Post
Just found my first truck about a month ago on Craiglsist ( I'm 15 ). Called them the day they posted it made them an offer and told them I would be out there to get it that weekend and they said yes! My dad and I drove all the way out to northwest Colorado from southern Missouri that weekend and got it! Now I'm so excited to restore it! I can't wait!
Awesome truck,you are a lucky kid, now after you restore it,don't do like alot of us have done and sold our first vehicles that we wish we still had..at 16 I had a 64 chevy pickup,by 17, I had sold it to buy a 72 stepside, wish I still had them both....now I have a 72 K20 cheyenne I am still fixing up...will never sell this one, I am 56 and a lot wiser now
El Dorado Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 11:55 PM   #168
Bladeboy1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dorado Jim View Post
Awesome truck,you are a lucky kid, now after you restore it,don't do like alot of us have done and sold our first vehicles that we wish we still had..at 16 I had a 64 chevy pickup,by 17, I had sold it to buy a 72 stepside, wish I still had them both....now I have a 72 K20 cheyenne I am still fixing up...will never sell this one, I am 56 and a lot wiser now
This man! Don't sell it..
Bladeboy1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 12:14 AM   #169
Chucks72Longbed

Found mine on CL while just looking for a truck. I had been withou a truck for 3 years. First time in my driving life. When I saw it it took me back to my first job. I had a paper route in Santa Ana Calif when I was 13. It was 1969 and my district manager had just bought a brand new olive green 69 C-10. It had deep dish mags and wide tires. I was so cool! Always wanted one of these trucks and now I have one! So glad I found all of you guys who "get it" when it comes to 67-72 GM trucks. Here's "Earl"
Attached Images

Old 03-10-2015, 06:40 PM   #170
RB72

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dorado Jim View Post
I don't ever plan to sell it! It's going to be the first truck that I will get to add to my collection over my life!
RB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 10:28 PM   #171
68nou1

About 3 years ago a buddy of mine says he's got an old truck he wants to go look at and wants to know if i want to ride with him to Murray (bout 50 miles down the road) to check it out. We jump on the harleys and head down to look at it. After he drives it and talks the old boy down to next to nothing he asks me what i think. I tell him "If you dont buy it, i'm going too." I was almost done with my camaro and really didnt need another project but i've always loved them ol trucks.

Flash forward to about 4 months ago and he tells me he is going to sell it. He and his family are more into camping, boating and four wheeling. He doesnt really have time to mess with it and fix it up. I imediately jump and say I want it. It sat in his barn for the years he had it and is virtually un-touched since he bout it. So with an understanding wife we go look at it and i get it running and drove it home. He did me a solid and sold it to me for what he had in it. Was only $300 bucks more than he paid for it because he had bought a set of doors to replace the ones with speaker holes in them. Also threw in a new battery because the one that was on it wouldn't hold a charge. Here's a picture of it when i got it home.
Attached Images

'68 Camaro - 408 sbc, Muncie m20, 9' rear, hotchkis supsension (aka Betty)

'72 C10 - pretty much all stock as far as i know, for right now anyways (aka Charlie)
68nou1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 10:40 PM   #172
aod92

I'm a redbull sales man and I was on my route making sales calls and a guy pulled up to a stop I was at in a 67 c10. We started talking and he told me a buddy of his had one sitting in the driveway but wasn't sure if he was selling it. I went looked at it and wanted to buy it but I was trying to sell my 70 Deville first. I sold my Cadillac 3 months later and he still had it. Went there the next day and bought it!
aod92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 10:44 PM   #173
elkninja

Said damnit I'm buying a 72 4X4. Got on Craigslist and found Sarge right off. Bought from the second owner who was very sentimentally tied to the truck. Sold it to me after turning down multiple asking price offers. Meant to be.
Attached Images

elkninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 04:04 PM   #174
ZacharyDouglas1992

Well I usually spend my time over in the 73-87(91) section of this forum. But truth be told my favorite body style has always been the 67-72s.

That brings me to the story of my '71. Like so many of you, mine was a wheeling and dealing shenanigan.

It started with a clean '80 C10 longbed I purchased from a buddy at work. At the time, I didn't have the need or really the resources for another vehicle, but he was between a rock and a hardplace and was at risk of losing his home. So, more as a favor than anything else, I bought it from him not running for unknown reasons for 650 bucks.

Well, maybe I was being rewarded for my compassion, I rebuilt the rottenchester, replaced the saturated floats and a new base gasket. It passed smog with flying colors. Great!

Feeling good about things at this point, I put it up for sale outside my buddy's body shop. I'm in it about 700 at this point, so i'm asking 1800 for it. Got tons of calls right away, but lots of dreamers with no cash. A week later, I get a call from an older gentleman saying he likes the truck, and that he had an interesting offer. He gave me his address to visit him and talk it over. Upon arriving I see in the driveway a 71 Cheyenne that I had coveted for years, but didn't know who owned it. (which was odd, I know almost everyone in my tiny home town). Long story short, it had stopped running. So he wanted to straight trade for my 80, as he was older and was more interested in something that ran, even though his truck was worth more not running.

I thought about my chances of finding another well optioned, rust free Factory AC Cheyenne for 700 bucks, and then accepted his offer. Here is a picture of it the day I had it towed to the shop. I actually just ordered a crate 350 for it today, so expect more on this one very soon!
Attached Images

1987 R10 TBI 350/700R4
2014 CRUZE 2.0 TURBO DIESEL
ZacharyDouglas1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 04:29 PM   #175
magwakeenercew2jh
RAT1968 '68 Cab/'71 Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacharyDouglas1992 View Post
Well I usually spend my time over in the 73-87(91) section of this forum. But truth be told my favorite body style has always been the 67-72s.

That brings me to the story of my '71. Like so many of you, mine was a wheeling and dealing shenanigan. ...snip so expect more on this one very soon!
Great story. Beautiful truck.

Two words:

"More" and "pictures".

But always a rat.
magwakeenercew2jh is offline   Reply With Quote