The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-11-2002, 03:03 PM   #1
Desert Rat

Looked at a 72 Blazer w/3 year old oil

Im looking for a 4x4 as som may know preferably a 73 up,so i dont have to tach,tilt, and want to find goodies for it,otherwise if i wasnt addicted to 67-72's id only get the correct year but im afraid i wont want to smash and beat it as bad.anyhow back to the point i looked a a 72 Blazer this weekend that someone put a 400 in,and it was mickey moused the typical wire mess underdash from a idiot installing a aftermarket stereo with a razor blade,his teeth as strippers,and scotc tape instead of cutters,crimpers and butt connectors or sauderind and electrical tape,it has a tilt one plus,has the heavy duty style buckets for some reason the fat ones,had 3 Ralleys and 1 white spoke,typical rocker rust,but im trying to think need a desert rock,and trail climber NOT a show truck now.then he says it hasnt been drove a whole lot.he said so little that he hasnt changed the oil in 3 years,because it only has about 4 thousand on motor in that time,but he thinks its probably about time.im thinking of the hard crust in the bottom of the pan and the sludge that has run through the motor the 10 minutes i heard it run,are some people just complete morons?he was proud a claimed mechanic he put the motor in,and changed the intake by himself.with its busted window,rear hatch,the rust,the old oil,the 4spd,the in serious need of a wire harness,no gauges worked,welded on front push bumper and grille gaurd,and the ruined tailgate from drilling and welding flat bar to it to hold the missing spare,then i might give him the $1800 he wanted i offered $600 kinda pissed him off,i said ill make you a offer but dont want to insult you,he said go ahead.i figured id part it,but if in my possesion i know id end up sinking cash into it,to make it all right.probably end up with all cool stuff and not want to got possibly roll it or something.and have another project anyone got a unfunky 69-72 4x4 with a junk unfixable body i wont be tempted to fix or 4x4 burb,or 73 up(ten i wont be tempted to find the options and new parts for them are cheap hood $100,fenders$68,doors$129.
Desert Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 05:29 PM   #2
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

So, are you buying it? Sounds like it was a mess. If the rockers are rusted, are the rocker boxes trashed too? If so, with everything else you listed, $600 sounds like a generous offer.
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 08:00 PM   #3
Desert Rat

I would buy it for $600 but to part,tranny transfer case would sell,as the front and rearnd,the tilt,the buckets.the 400 wasnt knocking or smoking. so i thought tilt$200,front end-gears not known $100,rearend$100,tranny and case$150,top was ok hatch no $75,400 worth $200.then theres 3-Ralleys $60,then all the rest core support,inners,fenders,hood,grille,doors,glass,frame be good for a 2wd conversion,i just dont want to sink $3000 into something i would feel it needs to be worthy.might as well buy a pretty nice 73 up for $3000,one that still has shiny paint,good interior,reliable.i do find them cheap until i started to want a 4x4.but he was insulted at $600 so i wont be buying.which is fine i might be tempted to fix up if i had it.
Desert Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 10:22 PM   #4
mikep
Used to have a truck

1800 bucks wouldnt buy you a 72 4 wheel drive blazer WITHOUT an engine around here much less one that just needed and oil change and a half a days wiring work. Rockers or no rockers. I'd be insulted too.