The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-10-2005, 01:13 AM   #1
5Mike7

'55-'59 prices?

Hi guys, pretty new member here, but not new to the '55-59 trucks, but...

I'm looking to sell my '59 1/2 ton, I put a 55/56 frontend sheetmetal on it (sorry, never liked dual headlights), but am curious as to what these trucks are selling for. I took a look at NADA and I just can't see they're worth what the guide says.

Is EBAY a realistic guide for what guys are setting reserves at? Or is there another place beside EBAY and NADA to look at?

I'm not trying to get top dollar or anything, but don't want to find out I should have asked another 2K...know what I mean?

FWIW, it's a '59 3100(with 55/56 front end) in primer (body expectionally good ), rebuilt Dana44 3.54 posi, new wheel cylinders, new brake lines, rebuilt m/c, recored radiator, new shocks, big back window cab. 1/2 ton, Stepside

Only real downside to the truck is it's a 6cyl (235 which runs like new) and 4spd granny.

I'm not trying to push a sale here, but get an idea of where I should start pricing it this summer at the swap meets.

I got involved in this truck many years ago and had grand ideas of taking it further (lowering, V8, AOD, etc), but have decided to concentrate on my '57 instead (dad bought it new and just retired last month, so thought I'd throw my effort into rekindling his youth)

Thanks
5Mike7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 11:08 AM   #2
iufan71

55-59 Prices

You might post some pics here,and maybe others can better give you a gauge of what your truck might be worth. Where are you located? MY dad,also has a 58 with the dual headlight,and I think the duals are ugly also. BUt on a previous post,I asked the question of putting the single headlight fenders from the earlier years on it,and someone said the frame was longer. Did you run into many problems doing this on yours?
iufan71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 10:04 PM   #3
5Mike7

Yes, the '58/9 frames are a bit longer in the front, only effect is to the mounting of the bumper, all sheetmetal (fender/etc) will bolt in.

Only recourse is to trim a bit of the frame rails to sit the bumper back some.
I have to head out on a flight in a few hours, might be back to post some pic's later in the week.

Thanks
5Mike7 is offline   Reply With Quote