The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-11-2002, 11:58 AM   #1
Truckstr

Question Making the "old girl" Handle

I recently acquired a 1967 C10 short-wide bed pickup. I've had a 1972 C10 long-wide bed as my "second car" for almost 17 years and the '67 just rides A LOT stiffer.

The '67 originally came with a six banger and 3 on-the-tree. It now has a 350 with auto (looking for a 700R4, BTW).

I have a set of 2-1/2" drop spindles (Early Classics) and a front anti-sway bar to install (along with 5 bolt pattern wheels and front disc brakes off of my '72). These two mods alone should be a big help in the handling department, although I'm not under the illusion that she'll ever beat a 'vette through the twisties.

I was contemplating modifying the front suspension geometry by changing the upper A-arm to cross-member mounting plates to allow for more adjustability and optimization of the instant centeres and roll center.

So, the question is: does anybody have any experience with this type of modification? and also, why does the '67 seem to ride so much "harsher" than the '72? The front springs look to be the originals and they are basically the same as the small-block equipped trucks. Right?

'67 short Fleet; my ongoing project.
'66 long Fleet; my original "baby."

Live life or bust trying.
Truckstr is offline   Reply With Quote