The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-21-2009, 09:09 PM   #1
Metzzen1

Widening stepside fenders, dropping front fenders

First post....woowoo just signed up a few days ago but learnin alot.

anyways
Got a 66 stepside shortbed. want to run some 315-335 width rear tires thus i either have to tub the rear, or go with wider fenders. Well i already plan to raise the bed 3 inches to clear the pumpkin (drop) so i really dont want tubs back there too. plus I dont want to have to shorten my rear end or mess with any of the trailing arms and i really like deep dish rims on these trucks... May also want to run some good track rubber for if/when i go to the track

That being said, has anyone ever done this? And i know about the fiberglass ones that are +3 but i am painstakingly taking every bit of bondo off this truck and replacing with proper sheet metal or lead so i sure as hell dont want some fiberglass fenders.... Im kinda thinking just cutting them with as straight of a line as i can, getting a strip of metal with whatever added width i need, flange both sides, and weld that puppy back in there. sound right?

Im also interested in dropping the front fenders down so that they are at the same height as the rear. Anyone done this?

process pics would be great.

Last edited by Metzzen1; 10-21-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Metzzen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:45 PM   #2
LILRED66
Account Suspended

Re: Widening stepside fenders, dropping front fenders

Welcome to the forums from Kansas City, KS.

There are a lot of members that have done these mods, so try doing a search or wait for those guys to chime in.

Welcome aboard.
LILRED66 is offline   Reply With Quote