The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-27-2009, 03:49 PM   #1
cstanley

Sweet Stereo - wonder if you could get one in the states?

anyone ever seen these Becker stereos from Germany? There is a model called the "Mexico" that's designed to look fairly retro, but it has GPS Navigation, iPod, bluetooth phone integration, voice-commands, email/SMS text receiver, address book, Speed Limit warnings, gas stations/POI, MP3, SD card, Traffic reports, SIM card (from a cell phone.)

and pretty retro, too.
http://www.mybecker.com/deDE/CAR+INF...eberblick.html

I bet it wouldn't take much to make a face that would look right in a classic dash - or maybe just remove the face that's on it...

I was almost convinced of the new retrosounds model one until i saw it mounted in a 67-72. it almost looks right. it's just old technology. i mean, vac-flourescent display (1987 anyone?) and no true ipod input/control? that becker is so far beyond it's ridiculous! model one here:

becker below.
Attached Images

'72 Blazer Restoration Blog: http://sportchicken.blogspot.com/

Last edited by cstanley; 01-27-2009 at 04:23 PM.
cstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:05 PM   #2
AceX
>130dB Moderator

Re: Sweet Stereo - wonder if you could get one in the states?

I'll look around and see what I can find out about the company and their products. The face of the second one looks pretty "retro" but also looks like you would have to cut the dash to make it work...

Friend. Father. Brother.
RIP El Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLICK HERE and for less than $0.07 a day, you too can help support and build a better forum.
AceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:19 AM   #3
cstanley

yeah, i think it's designed for a DIN install, but I can't help but wonder if you could remove the face portion and leave the screen to work it into the original-style faceplate. maybe more surgery than it's worth, but it sure is cool..

looks like you could get one, maybe for a few $k, but the tuner wouln't work for our FM range and it seems to only include directions maps for 35 european countries.

it would be sweet if you could do it, though. just shows that we're still pretty technologically behind on this side of the pond, as well as infrastructure.

'72 Blazer Restoration Blog: http://sportchicken.blogspot.com/
cstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:18 AM   #4
AceX
>130dB Moderator

Its not that were behind, just unwilling to spend the large amounts of cash on R&D for this sort of thing.

Friend. Father. Brother.
RIP El Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLICK HERE and for less than $0.07 a day, you too can help support and build a better forum.
AceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:51 PM   #5
pmpski_1

Becker is the company that used to provide Mercedes Benz with stereos. That's probably what this was designed for.
pmpski_1 is offline   Reply With Quote