The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Our Stuff... In Scale

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-15-2016, 08:38 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Saturday Evening Post Blazer

Went to the Monroe swap meet this weekend and was looking for a hot wheel or something for my grandson and found this blazer. I don't collect these things, but if I find something interesting Ill pick it up and toss it on the shelf.

The guy asked if I wanted a bag and I told him no, I'm going to open it up and play with it. He just laughed and said, yeah right, we know what you're really going to do with it. I told him, no really, this is for my grandson to play with ... He seemed kinda put off. They do make these cars to play with right?

Last year I picked up a larger scale blazer with a Chevelle on a car trailer. I told the guy my grandson will love playing with it. He said, you know this really is kind of rare and collectible. Yes I know lol.

Jaxon loves playing with it =)
Attached Images

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 09:58 PM   #2
flashed

Re: Saturday Evening Post Blazer

I like collecting the ones from yard sales that kids have played with but I also collect new ones too.
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 12:10 PM   #3
MalibuSSwagon

My girlfriend and I like to collect ones we like (old trucks, Camaros for her) but if there's multiples of one she gives the extras to her little nephews.
MalibuSSwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:18 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

It's cool you guys bring the kids into this whole toy truck thing (seriously, but sounded funny)

Mario72 from up in Ontario Canada has come to Carlisle Trucks with his two boys and wife the past two years. First year I gave them both a yellow '83 truck. Last year the yellow '67. The older son pulled his well played with '83 out of his pocket to show me. Really made my day. This year I have a couple yellow '69s for them, but not sure they'll make it down due to such a high exchange rate. They camp and see many sights along the way. Such a great family I admire. Here is what they travel in:
Name:  IMG_0207.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  58.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0206.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  61.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0208.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  54.3 KB

I also treat all the kids right at the meets. When they ask how much one is I tell them less than normal, like $2, then ask if that sounds good or would they like t make an offer. If they freeze up on that I give the dad a look and do the head thing. You know, the hint hint side nod. They'll bend down and quietly tell them to offer less. If they stay frozen I ask, "Could ya do a dollar?", and they shake their head yes. If they look for their dad to pay I tell them, "No, that was only if you pay". Then they grab it from him and hand it to me, I hand it to them, shake their hand , and say nice doing business with you. I'd just give it to them but I think this is better. Those are my best sales.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 09:37 AM   #5
1badgmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I also treat all the kids right at the meets. When they ask how much one is I tell them less than normal, like $2, then ask if that sounds good or would they like t make an offer. If they freeze up on that I give the dad a look and do the head thing. You know, the hint hint side nod. They'll bend down and quietly tell them to offer less. If they stay frozen I ask, "Could ya do a dollar?", and they shake their head yes. If they look for their dad to pay I tell them, "No, that was only if you pay". Then they grab it from him and hand it to me, I hand it to them, shake their hand , and say nice doing business with you. I'd just give it to them but I think this is better. Those are my best sales.
I love this! EVERYTHING about this is SO right! Encouraging the little ones now will help to ensure we have future adults who will continue with the automotive hobbies, both big and small.
1badgmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 12:01 AM   #6
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Forgot about this thread ... I had this really cool hot wheels type garage. Had an elevator and cool stuff. It was earlier than hot wheels though. I had it for a pretty high price I figured if it didn't sell I would keep it for next years swap meet (this was before I had a grand son). This lil guy checked it out a few times, his dad said no son its a collectible thing and is too expensive for us. I got up and handed it to the kiddo and said he can have it, just take really good care of it, don't bust it up with your cars. He was pretty happy, this was probably around 5 years ago now that I think about it. I wonder if he took care of it haha!

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 07:59 AM   #7
special-K
Special Order

Very cool move! That's how I feel when selling things to anyone. If I can read how badly they want it (for themselves, not to resell) I ask, "Do you really want that?", which usually gets a, "Sure do, but just can't spend that much". See the humble? They didn't try to beat me up, just accept they can't have it. Depending on value, I either give it to them or make an offer they can't refuse...that I figure they may have enough for. I had a stack of 69-72 wheel covers of various condition, at least 6-8 of them. This old guy was sifting through, treating them very carefully, for a good while like it was a big decision. I asked if he needed those and he said he could use a couple. I said, "20 bucks" and he humbly said, "For this one?", which he had his hand on. "No. all of them. Take 'em home and sort it out later". He smiled as wide as his face and shook my hand. He was certainly no kid, just an old guy trying to do what he could on his old truck (I found out in our conversation). I do swap meets to have fun. It's fun making some money, but that ain't all!
I always talk to the kids like they were one of the guys. I show a lot of interest, ask them questions, and try to throw a "Did you know?" little tid bit in. They say young people aren't so interested in what older people do or say and not so interested in the older stuff. But, how much interest do older people actually take in the little ones. They are there ready to listen, you just have to talk to them.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 07-11-2016, 01:03 PM   #8
flashed

We were at a swap meet this past Saturday and we always take some loose Hotwheels/Matchbox cars that we pick up at yard sales cheap .There was this little fellow of about 5 years old that my wife gave him a couple of cars while I was gone and when I saw him playing with them I told him to bring his mom back down and he could have some more .A little later they came back by and I asked him if he would take the rest of them(a good bucket full) and take real good care of them ,you should have seen his eyes light up .I loved it .
Another older fellow came by and was interested in a wagon I was selling ,he wanted it for his grandson ,I had to give him a deal on it ,makes me happy knowing a little guy would be playing with something that was just taking up space in my shop.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:09 AM   #9
special-K
Special Order

You didn't see the nice old man down the row selling it for $150? (you know I'm just funnin')

Tim

Old 07-12-2016, 03:46 PM   #10
flashed

I actually saw him load it into the back of his truck ,this was a very small swap meet though .