The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-03-2007, 07:37 PM   #1
jamie72

Re: "Slowly but Surely" Big J's build thread...

nice chair..lol and keep working on the blazer, you need to get it done before next summer.

member #807

http://www.myspace.com/whitetailobsession
www.antlertalk.com
jamie72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:09 PM   #2
Big J
Its lookin' like a Blazer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie72 View Post
nice chair..lol and keep working on the blazer, you need to get it done before next summer.
My goal is to at least have it in primer by the end of winter.

It figures though, if something bad can go wrong it will. The motor we dropped in that was supposed to be a great running low mileage engine is not so great, lol. Ran a compression test tonight and no 2 is dead and the rest range from 150 to 128.... oh well. I've got the engine out of my dads truck that came out of my grandpas truck. So tomorrow I'm pullin' a motor. Should be pretty easy in its current state no body!

My Build

Last edited by Big J; 11-15-2007 at 09:42 PM.
Big J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:57 AM   #3
Big J

Some progress.... Got the motor out and painted the shocks. I went yesterday and did some trading with a friend. I ended up with a good running 350, 350t, and x-case. Along with all the linkages, lines, exhaust, etc....
I have yet to figure out what the transfer case is. It all came out of a 68 bodied truck with what appeared to be a later model frame. I have a bunch of work to do this weekend but I'm gonna try and atleast get it all cleaned up, painted and dropped in.
Attached Images

My Build
Old 11-15-2007, 09:18 AM   #4
Big J

Got a few things done this weekend. Got the accessories on the motor I'm dropping in. I was going to drop in the 350/350t and 203 that I just got but like usuall I changed my mind . It only has around 30000 miles on the whole setup, oh well. I'm dropping in the 350 that I got from my dad and stickin' with the 4spd and 205. Made a few calls to some media blasting shops. Its way cheaper than I thought to have the tub blasted and primed, 200-350. I'll strip it including the rockers so they can get inside the boxes. I'll probably have that done before I start the bodywork.
Here are some pics of the drivetrain I got and some of the stuff I got done, motor, painted shocks, etc......
Attached Images

My Build