The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-16-2011, 10:50 PM   #251
twoodson

Re: My '87 SWB Project w/pics!!

Hello everyone here is some latest pics; not much at all however I am slow pokin' alone. I hate to be a teaser but hopefully I can get back full swing very quick. The first pic is the Edelbrock Tie Rod Adjustment sleeves brand new, the 2nd pic is the motor mounts assembled with the Energy Suspension motor mount inserts, the 3rd pic shows some of the front suspension components (upper/lower control arm with tie rods bolted/pressed in, tie rods with edelbrock sleeves, pitman arm, idler arm, doetsch tech shocks with grey boots). I removed the edelbrock stickers from the adjustment sleeves. Also the upper control arms doesn't have bump stomps. I received some from energy suspension but they will not pull thru and I destroyed one trying to. I got the lower control arm bump stops from the dealer and they are rubber which is fine, but they don't offer the uppers so at this point I may take a chance and order some from LMC that are rubber. The 4th pic is the dirty dingo mounted to the block on the driver side, that rusted bolt will be removed. The 5th pic is the dirty dingo mounted to the block on the passenger side & the lower a/c mouting bracket will come off as well since I am going with the kwik performance relocation kit. Anyway hope you guys enjoy. Next on the list is the rear disc brake kit, rotors & hardware for the front. I will keep you guys updated. Enjoy!!!
Attached Images

twoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:07 AM   #252
JohnC

Looking good man!
JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:14 AM   #253
twoodson

Another minor picture update: I received my rear disc brake kit yesterday and everything looks good, I'm going to either rattle can or powder coat all the mounting brackets as well as the e-brake lever brackets on the calipers which I will have to take off. Other than that just gathering parts. I still need to get front rotors, bearings, etc. My buddy Jon suggested to paint the calipers red and not the color of the truck which I believe I am going to do. Anyways enjoy and I will keep everyone updated. Almost time for rolling chassis.
Attached Images

Old 06-04-2011, 02:25 PM   #254
lilpoindexter

I got the same Doetsch tech shocks...summit sells them as their house brand...lots of people hate on them...but so far so good in my case.
lilpoindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:06 PM   #255
JohnC

Looks good man!

Be careful what Jon suggests though. It usually costs more money that way.
JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:32 PM   #256
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
Looks good man!

Be careful what Jon suggests though. It usually costs more money that way.
Who, me?
Old 06-05-2011, 05:12 PM   #257
twoodson

lilpoindexter: Yeah I did not have any issues with my old set and I was pretty happy with them

JohnC: Thanks boss, Yeah ole Jon tends to have that affect, it's not just the money it also costs more time.lol

jonboy: yes sirrrr that would be you my friend..lol

Last edited by twoodson; 06-05-2011 at 05:16 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-05-2011, 05:43 PM   #258
Gordonr1973
Home Built '87

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpoindexter View Post
I got the same Doetsch tech shocks...summit sells them as their house brand...lots of people hate on them...but so far so good in my case.
I've used them on 3 of my lowered trucks over the years and I like them....they are a little stiff though.

The build & progress is looking great as usual Twoodson!!

1998 White Chev ext cab 2WD (Summer Project) http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=408424
1987 Chev Silverado SWB (Winter Project Rebuild) http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=424833
Truck Club http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=466969

Last edited by Gordonr1973; 06-05-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Gordonr1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:59 AM   #259
West Texas Z
El Mero Mero Frijolero!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoodson View Post
Another minor picture update: I received my rear disc brake kit yesterday and everything looks good, I'm going to either rattle can or powder coat all the mounting brackets as well as the e-brake lever brackets on the calipers which I will have to take off. Other than that just gathering parts. I still need to get front rotors, bearings, etc. My buddy Jon suggested to paint the calipers red and not the color of the truck which I believe I am going to do. Anyways enjoy and I will keep everyone updated. Almost time for rolling chassis.
What color will the truck be? You dont want your calipers to stick out like a sore thumb behind the wheels. That silver you are using looks classy to me. I like it, its subtle. .....just my .02
West Texas Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:32 AM   #260
twoodson

West Texas Z: Thanks chief, yeah I chose silver because I wanted a more sinister look with some custom and original as well. The color that I am leaning toward is from 2006-2007 if not mistaken, Viper GTS Blue Pearl.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:33 PM   #261
Gordonr1973
Home Built '87

Updates, updates, updates??

1998 White Chev ext cab 2WD (Summer Project) http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=408424
1987 Chev Silverado SWB (Winter Project Rebuild) http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=424833
Truck Club http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=466969
Gordonr1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #262
stepside83

this is an awesome build, where did you end up getting your disc brake kit for the rear?, i cant wait to see more of this build
stepside83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:17 PM   #263
twoodson

Gordon1973 - Hey Boss, the truck has been kind of on a stand still. In a nutshell I started two projects at one time, the other was a 1970 VW Bug that was my first car that I had in high school and I am trying to wrap it up in the next 4-6 months for my 20 year class reunion. As for the truck all front suspension is either painted/powdercoated, wrapped up, and stored in boxes. I have some pics that I will post, nothing big just I got my calipers painted red and some of the levers that goes with the brackets were coated polished ceramic.

stepside83 - Thanks Boss, I plan on having a rolling chassis by June and then it should be downhill after that, we'll see. I ended up with the Blackbirds Custom Trucks kit. I will post some pics of the calipers and rotors that I painted.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #264
stepside83

o ok dont mean to drag this on and keep you from building your truck lol, but was it an easy kit to install? everything needed came with kit? ive been looking at this my self and just wanted to see how some who actually has bought this liked it, thanks again, and cant wait to see more, looking killer
stepside83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #265
twoodson

stepside83 - I haven't installed it on the rear end yet and yes everything came with the kit and I purchased the brake/hoses with it as well. TVBlazer did the install to his blazer as well as Dennis aka Menace121978. In my opinion it was a good kit, also CaptainFab who is a member/vendor here on the board makes the brackets and also gives you a parts list with part #'s if you want to cut some costs. Yeah I can't wait to get back on it real soon!!!
Old 01-17-2012, 11:09 PM   #266
twoodson

Update - Not much guys but jonboy suggested to post some pics. Basically I had my disc brake brackets powder coated silver which I thought I took a pic of before I boxed them away, however I did take some pics of the rear rotors that I painted and also the rear calipers that I painted as well. Enjoy. Trust me when I get back on it I will send pics as the install goes, guaranteed!!!
Attached Images