The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 07+ Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-16-2011, 11:44 PM   #1
dan42

My truck locks itself -

I have left my keys sitting on the console, twice now, and I'll get out to do something, and within 5 seconds I hear the chirp of the alarm and I'm locked out of my truck. It's a '10 and I've never had it happen on my other trucks ('07, '04, '01). Is this supposed to happen or is my truck possessed? The first time it screwed me on a Saturday afternoon, just looking at 1 more field, and ended up having to wait for my wife to come with another key. This time it was in my driveway. I guess I should get a hide a key, but I'd like to know why it's doing it.
dan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:14 PM   #2
Sillyoldman

Re: My truck locks itself -

Is there a way to disable or at least ajdust the time in which it locks? Anyone?

'71 Custom Deluxe C-20 402.
'67 Buick Special 455.
'49 Plymouth Special Deluxe.
"I love that old car smell"

Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Sillyoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:38 PM   #3
Z-71

On my '07, my watchband on my left wrist will depress the lock button as i pull the handle to get out. If your interior isn't an LTZ you won't have that problem, but when i hit the button, the interior chime will chime 3 times to let me know its about to lock. If i don't notice the chime, a couple seconds after the door closes the horn blows. I don't know of any way to disarm this function but it won't lock my door if the key is still in the ignition. The 3 chimes are my only warning before i have to call Onstar.

97 Chevy K-1500 Ext. Cab Step Side
Tool box, bed rails
HPP III, K/N, Flowmaster
285 Maxxis Mudders

" If you can't drive the nail, get a bigger hammer" ( translation- Anything can be done with more power)
Z-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:51 PM   #4
LEEVON

was it running? I jacked with my lock settings this winter and the truck locked itself while warming up. I switched it back to lock when put into drive.

PAIN IN THE ASS THOUGH!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 10:03 AM   #5
dan42

It wasn't running - I pulled the keys out, put them on the center console, stepped out of the truck and closed the door, and on both occasions, not only did it lock the doors but it also chirped to let me know that the alarm was set. It was about 3 seconds after I got out of the truck. I made a door key now, and hid it on the truck (the ignition keys are chipped and too expensive to make another). I'm wondering if I am hitting a setting or tripping something to happen, but I don't think this is normal.
dan42 is offline   Reply With Quote