The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2019, 02:10 PM   #1
JoryS67K20

Smile New guy from South Texas-67K20

I'm Jory, I'm 24, from Victoria, Texas (halfway between Houston and Corpus Christi).
I'm a new member here but a long time visitor of this site. My Cousin is on here with his '70 (americanmusc11e) and he is responsible for my addiction to 67-72 trucks.
I bought this truck a few months ago with no engine from a friend of mine.
It's a 67 K20; it has a 70 cab and fenders on it that were put on years ago (late 90's maybe?) that's why it doesn't have the small window. But that didn't matter to me. It was an old farm truck from Wyoming----so if anyone here recognizes it let me know!---
This truck has the closed knuckle axle, SM420 trans, and the big HO52 rear end. It has a heavy duty flatbed on it for now, but the guy I bought it from GAVE ME a perfectly good lwb fleetside bed for it. So I plan on swapping that later, as well as swapping the axle for a later model open knuckle steering that way I can have disc brakes and a better turning radius.
I rebuilt the brakes and prepped it for its new engine. I bought a 99 suburban engine for 400 bucks (vortec 350-not LS) this motor was rebuilt and put into an airboat years ago, but was only run for a few hours (10-15 is what I'm told) and by the looks of the internals I believe it.
Just a few days ago I finished the install and took it on its first test drive. Needless to say I was pretty happy with it. Here she is: still havn't named her but that's ok, my wife just calls it the '67 or the mistress.
Here's a link to the Facebook page I made for the truck.
https://www.facebook.com/Jorys-67-K2...5827443118996/
Attached Images

JoryS67K20 is offline   Reply With Quote